Advice Request ZoneAlarm Firewall free these days? Is it worth trying it?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ZoneAlarm Free Firewall - Have you tried it?

• Yes

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • No

Votes: 55 49.5%

• Total voters

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
ZoneAlarm Version 15.2.053.17581
(English, French, Italian, German and Spanish)

What's New
Improved: New and improved AV engine
Improved: Integration with Windows Defender Security Center
Removed: Anti-Spam

Latest ZoneAlarm Downloads

One question from me: What is the new engine? Still Kaspersky?
Finally an update, the last update was on April 2, 2017 D:
The changelog with:
*Improved: New and improved AV engine
*Improved: Integration with Windows Defender Security Center
*Removed: Anti-Spam
is from April 2, 2017.
The new update (January 5):
* Improved: Compatibility with Microsoft Meltdown/Spectre security updates.
That is, it is still the mechanism of Kaspersky.

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I like Zone alarm ..but only draw backs are : delayed kaspersky signatures : A bit dated Kaspersky engine...
Their pro don seem to work even though has advanced features...Strong Firewall ... Good whitelist Database...Auto Pilot --> Hit!
In terms of BB..For a free version its ok....
Overall (y)

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
I like Zone alarm ..but only draw backs are : delayed kaspersky signatures : A bit dated Kaspersky engine...
Their pro don seem to work even though has advanced features...Strong Firewall ... Good whitelist Database...Auto Pilot --> Hit!
In terms of BB..For a free version its ok....
Overall (y)
The free version is already a good option for those who do not want to spend, but the protection of them paid is really powerful, and for me they have the best firewall in the market, really good, I do not use on my other machine because it does not have a version in my language, if it would not be G Data on one machine and ZoneAlarm on the other.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
The free version is already a good option for those who do not want to spend, but the protection of them paid is really powerful, and for me they have the best firewall in the market, really good, I do not use on my other machine because it does not have a version in my language, if it would not be G Data on one machine and ZoneAlarm on the other.
Can u link me any video ..where zone alarm (pro and free)..@re tested..if possible against ransomware$ !..
Curious to know it's Capabilities :)

Reactions: stefanos

Faybert

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Can u link me any video ..where zone alarm (pro and free)..@re tested..if possible against ransomware$ !..
Curious to know it's Capabilities :)
I did two tests with it only in MH, it went well, especially ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, powerful protection, I would test for 1 whole month, but I went back to work and I ended up running out of time, I can only test an AV, which in case is G Data. About videos, I do not do, but who knows one day with enough time I can do some tests with him, so I'll let you know about (y)

JoseyWales

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
Dont bother putting your trust in joe blow's video on how they tested a given AV-FW product. ZoneAlarm has been around for ages and it does its job extremely well, especially by today's standards. ZoneAlarm is perfect for the average internet user...
If you are of the deviant mindset, Comodo is presently the better solution.

Ive been testing Comodo products for 2 months now, as Comodo products arent designed for the novice user. But my other systems run ZoneAlarm free and pro and I have yet to experience even the slightest issue. ZoneAlarm's interface is friendly and you only need a modicum of security knowledge to understand how ZoneAlarm works and you'll discover why it works so well. ZoneAlarm Free is the first install anyone should integrate into their new Windows build before deciding on a permanent solution. I'll say again, if you're not of the deviant mindset, don't like to use your system for experimental software...then ZoneAlarm Free is by far your best choice!

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Anyone have recent review results using zonealarm free antivirus + firewall ?

Installed it yesterday on secondary pc, seems light and it has some kind of behaviour blocker... any knowledge is it any good?

I remember zonealarm firewall hype from years ago, but it seems zonealarm has come bit forgotten nowadays

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.