Zoom changes ToS to allow using your data for AI model training (Update: Opt-out)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Update: Zoom Promises It Won’t Use Your Data for AI Training Without Permission

• Zoom, like seemingly everyone else, has recently started a push into AI on its platform.
  • The latest terms of service suggest the company will use your data to train these models without an apparent way to opt out.
  • Given the potentially sensitive nature of data transferred through Zoom this could pose security and privacy risks, particularly in enterprise.
via How Zoom’s terms of service and practices apply to AI features | Zoom Blog

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
This is a reason, whenever I look for a piece of software, I first look for open source one. If there's no open source one, then I choose closed source software according to the documentation, terms of use and privacy policy. Choosing the most popular software because it's most popular is just plainly wrong.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This is a reason, whenever I look for a piece of software, I first look for open source one. If there's no open source one, then I choose closed source software according to the documentation, terms of use and privacy policy. Choosing the most popular software because it's most popular is just plainly wrong.
Unfortunately it’s not always possible in a workplace environment. Employees get no choice in the matter and are forced to use whatever the companies opts for.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.