App Review Webroot Secure Anywhere (Rollback Test Day 12)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
This review was done by my friend Mark from USA. Obviously Webroot cannot do what they say it can, which is terrible for the user(s). It would seem Webroot offers little protection against advanced threats of today.

Tony :)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
This review was done by my friend Mark from USA. Obviously Webroot cannot do what they say it can, which is terrible for the user(s). It would seem Webroot offers little protection against advanced threats of today.

Tony :)

Never mind "today" how about half a month ago ?

As suspected poor detection rate plus over long file monitoring equals not what you want on your system.Major keylogging vulnerabilities et al.

Had it on my pc for nearly 6 months once but when it totally missed a pack of malware with a full HD scan it was time to go.

Thanks again for the fresh and detailed review Max.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: tonibalas

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I also used Webroot for 6 months. It missed a malware, that's ok every AV does miss something but the thing is that i can't wait the next day to use my pc and since it has a rollback feature and it is a cloud AV i would expect to work much faster on threat removal not the next day or even after 12 days as we have seen in this test:(.
Don't get me wrong i like Webroot but they must improve to be in the same level with other known AV's;)

kind regards Tony

Reactions: Behold Eck

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.