Serious Discussion “Strongest” security solution.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
Deep Instinct Endpoint Protection and I got it from a reseller so I don't know how long their trials are.
DI themselves don’t offer any trials, but there is one thing online that provides a 15 day trial, I just forgot what it’s called.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Deep Instinct is one of the solutions I was looking at. Although I could never fully test it, I know for a fact is a really strong solution, although it’s a bit aggressive.

For me it’s between CheckPoint Harmony, and DI. I’d like to learn a bit more about each solution and their capabilities, but I know that whichever solution I choose will protect my new PC extremely well.

Also, is DI good against Java Malware?

image_2023-11-13_102246621.png

yup

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
Right now there are 4 solutions im looking at.

1: Kaspersky Premium
2: Deep Instinct
3: CheckPoint Harmony
4: Cortex XDR

I know a good amount about Harmony and DI, however I don’t know pricing for either or anything about Cortex besides it’s very, very good.

Does anyone have more information about any of these products or recommendations?

Currently I am paying 100 USD Yearly for Kaspersky and I want something a bit cheaper.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Right now there are 4 solutions im looking at.

1: Kaspersky Premium
2: Deep Instinct
3: CheckPoint Harmony
4: Cortex XDR

I know a good amount about Harmony and DI, however I don’t know pricing for either or anything about Cortex besides it’s very, very good.

Does anyone have more information about any of these products or recommendations?

Currently I am paying 100 USD Yearly for Kaspersky and I want something a bit cheaper.

DeepInstinct 42$ Deep Instinct - Cyberforce Security LLC ;)

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
Then you have to test the products.
DeepInstinct is deployed on 3 computers in my home. No problems at all and it protects very well :)
I’ve tried CheckPoint Harmony it’s very good, but I’ve bypassed it’s behavior blocker (I had to turn off the anti malware component)

I’ve also tried DI for a bit. False positived 10+ times on my system, but I could tone down the configuration.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I’ve tried CheckPoint Harmony it’s very good, but I’ve bypassed it’s behavior blocker (I had to turn off the anti malware component)

I’ve also tried DI for a bit. False positived 10+ times on my system, but I could tone down the configuration.

In any case, no antivirus will protect you 100%. Even if you've managed to bypass Harmony, malware can easily bypass another av.

DeepInstinct I've set everything to Low for maximum protection. Exclusions are very easy to make on the dashboard (I've also had false positives).
What I like about DI is the dashbord, no unnecessary alerts and its script/PowerShell attack blocker. Its NGAV engine is also one of the most up-to-date I've tested.

PaoloAlto's Cortex XDR I've never tested, but it's an EDR.

Xeno1234

Level 14
Thread author
Jun 12, 2023
In any case, no antivirus will protect you 100%. Even if you've managed to bypass Harmony, malware can easily bypass another av.

DeepInstinct I've set everything to Low for maximum protection. Exclusions are very easy to make on the dashboard (I've also had false positives).
What I like about DI is the dashbord, no unnecessary alerts and its script/PowerShell attack blocker. Its NGAV engine is also one of the most up-to-date I've tested.

PaoloAlto's Cortex XDR I've never tested, but it's an EDR.
I’ve not fully bypassed Harmony. The Kaspersky Anti-Malware engine stopped the attack and I’m pretty sure it was caught by threat feeds.

valvaris

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
In terms of Strongest Security Solution.

[Oversimplified]

Is to start with how you connect to the Internet? (Ethernet / WiFi)

Then what Router to use? (My Recommendation would be a Firewall Appliance.)

Even so how is your Network Segmented or is it even? (Attack Surface Reduction, Control and Visibility)

After all that then we can start looking to are other Devices on the same Network? (IoT, SmartTV and such...)

Why these questions?
- Without that an attacker could still be persistent inside the Network over another device for example.
- Security Suite is just another Software that does things....
- Security should Start with the User and an IT-Security-Solution tailor made for the specific situation with all the OSI Layers in mind.
- There is no 100% Security.
- With huge budget you can have Enterprise grade security without lifting a finger if installed properly. ----> The Security focused solutions and highend use MDR Services (There is an IT-Security SOC Team 24/7 Monitoring your Systems) some even offer monitoring from the Gateway (Firewall) / Network and Endpoints (Clients and Server)
- Like always it is all about Money $$$$

Sincerely
Val.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.