Expired 1 Year of Free VPN - seed4.me

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://seed4.me/blog/cyber-security-month-2018/
How to get a license
Use the promo code [B]CM2018[/B] to register Seed4.Me account on our website to activate the deal.

Seed4.Me

From Seed4.Me
Verified
Developer
Oct 31, 2018
As far as adverts, well the "undress me for a dollar" ones seemed to me to lower the standard of the VPN but they are no more, the only ads now are for upgrading.
So its a good VPN and for free, I dont think a few ads are too much to handle.

Dear Jimbo791!
Thank you for your support. "undress me for a dollar" ads are no longer there:), after a few complaints (advertising was too frank) we decided not to work with this affiliate program.

...developed by a Taiwanese High Tec comapny with promising potential. Now, just wonder, has it been fallen into wrong hands.
Dear dragongate888!
Seed4.Me is being developed by a distributed team of engineers, the app is permanently improving: new locations regularly added (26 countries so far), multiple languages, kill switch, auto connection, shadow mode, etc.
Of course maintaining such infrastructure requires some expenses, so our VPN can't be free all the time and we have to show ads to provide users with longer free VPN trial. I think logging & selling user's data to 3rd party is much worse idea.

If you enjoy using VPN during free period and need VPN for a longer period and with no ads, - please, extend your Seed4.Me access - we will got you covered.

Last edited:

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
@Seed4.Me
I do appreciate your team's dedication and effort to bring about a top-notched app for cyber users.
However, your current practice /policy of offering a free full-feature product to users without any attempt to warn users of possible ad appearance IS indeed beyond my comprehension. I have used this product on and off for almost 3 years. Never have I encountered such a strange marketing strategy.
That is the very reason that I explicitly ask in my previous post----has the company ownership/leadership changed hand recently--as recent as 12-18 months and HQ has been shipped out from Taipei, Taiwan to a colder(climate wise) country ?
Nothing offending, just a curious Joe's question.

Jimbo791

Level 2
Verified
Jul 23, 2018
Speed was fairly slow, disconnecting every 5 seconds even when trying other servers. The product looks good, but when testing and trying to use it for the first time was completely unusable.

~LDogg
Its speed was good enough for all my needs, it only dropped out once, to be honest I have used other VPNs that are a lot worse. But its a fact of life that people like different things, if one goes looking for problems one will always find them.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
@Seed4.Me
Hi, I highly recommend you add a Privacy Policy to your website, also have a page that shows all your server locations because it seems you have servers in Lativa and some other locations but it does not show on the website to my knowledge. Maybe it should be something like this.
1541064876911.png

Seed4.Me

From Seed4.Me
Verified
Developer
Oct 31, 2018
However, your current practice /policy of offering a free full-feature product to users without any attempt to warn users of possible ad appearance IS indeed beyond my comprehension.

I understand what you mean, I believe there is a paragraph about it our ToS. As we said before, handling distributed server network requires some spendings, even free "open source" FileZilla does it (splash screen with ad appears from time to time at the startup).
What is more, we utilize our own ad platform, so injecting any third-party JavaScript or spying pixel is excluded.

On the other hand 100% Free VPNs with no ads earn on selling your data/traffic/domestic IP (making proxy out of your device:)).

You choose what's best for you.

12-18 months and HQ has been shipped out from Taipei, Taiwan to a colder(climate wise) country ?
Product stays in the same caring hands, which was from the very beginning.
All changes in the organization are aimed at simplifying communication with developers and other team members, nothing else is associated with this move.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Does this VPN use IKEv2? If it does it increases the speed a lot.

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
Greetings ALL! :)

Dear hamo, thank you for posting this offer on MalwareTips (y)

maheshpk, you can enter promo code here (screenshot attached) or simply use this link to activate promo code.
View attachment 200456

Dear Sammo, what VPN location do you use and how far it is from the place where you are? We would love to help you finding VPN location that works best for you.
Pacific Northwest

Seed4.Me

From Seed4.Me
Verified
Developer
Oct 31, 2018
2ed Promo, 1 year free:
At top right enter this promotional code: BUZZ99

Thank you for the information! This code gives +1 yr free for the new users only (so CM2018 does), I mean they are quite the same and don't multiply free time ;)

Seed4.Me

From Seed4.Me
Verified
Developer
Oct 31, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Please try selecting Canada location
+ turn on Shadow mode - this is more disruptive mode to come over firewalls.
+ turn on Always On Mode
For the desktop app it's all located in the Options:
Options.png

How to turn Shadow mode on for iPhone/iPad/Android Seed4.Me App:
1. Start the App.
2. If you see Welcome screen - LONG TAP on CONTINUE - answer Yes in opened dialog.
If you see Connect screen - LONG TAP on CONNECT - answer Yes in opened dialog.
3. The app screen will turn gray. Done!
+ Protect automatically switch is located in the Locations list for the iPhone/iPad, it forces VPN to re-connect on connection loss:
Protect_automatically.jpg

Let me know did you manage to do that or not and whether it helped.

JKozarac

Level 1
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
Please, try forcing Windows to use exact US IP by adding line:
216.218.131.143 us.s4m.xyz
in the end of Windows hosts file.

Then:
1. Connect to the US VPN location in the Seed4.Me App
2. Open Private tab in browser
3. Open Netflix

It doesn't work. Sorry.

NordVPN works with Netflix.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.