On Sale! 1Password Family %50 off

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://1password.com/affiliate/promo/families/
Event start
Feb 17, 2021
How to get a license
Go to the link and sign up for 1 year of 1Password Family

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Hi!

1Password family is for $2.5/month (billed annually). This really is a great deal.
Many password managers are taking advantage of the last Lastpass change that caused backlash and outrage among its users.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
$30 a year is not a deal at all , the $30 deal is only for the first year then reverts to $60 a year which REALLY sucks.

Heres a hint : A family does not have to purchase a family plan to use this type of software.

Last edited:

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I have 2 lifetime licenses for Sticky Passwords. One is used by me and the other by my wife. I'd love it if Sticky Passwords could add some modern features and a more modern UI. Sometimes I feel like I'm using Windows 95 software.

I would change to 1Password if it were cheaper. I tested it for a time and its browser extensions do not jump in front of every field in page, something that drives me crazy with Sticky extensions. The Windows client also has a nice modern look and is way more responsive than Sticky.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I have 2 lifetime licenses for Sticky Passwords. One is used by me and the other by my wife. I'd love it if Sticky Passwords could add some modern features and a more modern UI. Sometimes I feel like I'm using Windows 95 software.

I would change to 1Password if it were cheaper. I tested it for a time and its browser extensions do not jump in front of every field in page, something that drives me crazy with Sticky extensions. The Windows client also has a nice modern look and is way more responsive than Sticky.
Sticky Password is great but I do not think they are going to improve anytime soon. God user have been asking for Vivaldi support for years but developers gave nothing but lame excuses.

Regarding 1Password, their standalone extension 1Password X does not have issues in detecting fields and is much more intelligent and advanced than the desktop version. I agree it is a bit expensive, but it is worth the money for what it offers.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Why spend $30 a year when you can get Bitwarden for free and even better yet their paid plan is only $10 a year...... this is no brainer.

1Password doesn't seem like such a great deal now does it?
Well, I can assure you that the experience in 1Password is much more pleasant and seamless. The design and the functionality in 1Password is superior. I am not saying that Bitwarden is bad, but 1Password has been around for years and it is much more mature and stable.
better option i buy sticky password for 29,99euro for a lifetime license
Sticky Password is great but it is barebone and lacks many features. But I really like its wifi sync feature.
$30 a year is not a deal at all , the $30 deal is only for the first year then reverts to $60 a year which REALLY sucks.

Heres a hint : A family does not have to purchase a family plan to use this type of software.
I agree that it is a bit expensive, but when you split the fess with 4 members, it is quite reasonable.
Family plan allows you to create a shared vault in which you can store passwords that all the members of your family use such as Netflix.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
If they charged their monthly bill monthly, instead of at once, they would get many international subscribers who live in countries where the Euro or the Dollar is not the local currency and have to deal with a really bad exchange rate.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why spend $30 a year when you can get Bitwarden for free and even better yet their paid plan is only $10 a year...... this is no brainer.

1Password doesn't seem like such a great deal now does it?
It is, if you want the best Premium Password Manager.

Why does it matter what people choose to use? If you want, you can support both Bitwarden and 1Password.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
If they charged their monthly bill monthly, instead of at once, they would get many international subscribers who live in countries where the Euro or the Dollar is not the local currency and have to deal with a really bad exchange rate.
Yes I do prefer monthly billing because I change a lot and I hate it when I change something while I have remaining days in the subscription.

It is, if you want the best Premium Password Manager.

Why does it matter what people choose to use? If you want, you can support both Bitwarden and 1Password.
I have just subscribed to Bitwarden and I am transfering my passwords one by one -_-
Dashlane does not have export password option in their web-app.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Well, I can assure you that the experience in 1Password is much more pleasant and seamless. The design and the functionality in 1Password is superior. I am not saying that Bitwarden is bad, but 1Password has been around for years and it is much more mature and stable.

I whole heatedly disagree I have tried both and one is no more seamless than the other and on the maturity matter, I guess what you are saying is because 1Password has been around longer it just works better and has the right to charge more? That statement just does not make any sense.

There are too many thieves in the software industry these days looking to get rich quick, I am not one to contribute to it. A password manager is just that, a password manager. As long as my passwords are kept encrypted and has two factor authentication I am good and I shouldn't have pay through the nose and contribute to someones greed to get it.

I get it, 1Password, like Apple is proud of their product and think people should pay a premium to own it, this will appeal to a certain demographic but in reality does not make the product any better than anything else out there.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I think both sides have a point. It's just that more common for people to pay for a product on the apple platform as it is on others. Has been for years... I just see it as a difference in 'eco-system'. For example 1Password looks and feels a whole world apart on the macOS than it does on Windows where it's a bit sluggish in my opinion, which makes the comparison not really fair. As they start of on different footing.

Free and open-source does not necessarily mean it's better, but the same can be said for proprietary or premium. Lots of folks I read about elsewhere on other forums move to Bitwarden, because it's free and the best in that category (rightfully so). But they also believe that they are entitled to "free" cloud services... The servers, people involved and software development need to get paid someway or another.

(Yes, I am aware it has a paid plan! :))

Just my 2c.

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I whole heatedly disagree I have tried both and one is no more seamless than the other and on the maturity matter, I guess what you are saying is because 1Password has been around longer it just works better and has the right to charge more? That statement just does not make any sense.

There are too many thieves in the software industry these days looking to get rich quick, I am not one to contribute to it. A password manager is just that, a password manager. As long as my passwords are kept encrypted and has two factor authentication I am good and I shouldn't have pay through the nose and contribute to someones greed to get it.

I get it, 1Password, like Apple is proud of their product and think people should pay a premium to own it, this will appeal to a certain demographic but in reality does not make the product any better than anything else out there.

I do see your point and I do believe 1Password is expensive. But I have to disagree with you when you say that there is not a better option. Believe me I have tried many, many password managers (Roboform, Sticky Password, Enpass, Dashlane, Bitwarden, Remembear, Keeper, Lastpss and 1Password) so I have a knowledge of the features and the shortcomings. Bitwarden is free and their Premium version is reasonably price. I subscribed to Premium today as it does the job and it is great. 1Password is well-designed and their standalone extension is just amazing and stable. The look is great and and the features are too. 1Password allows you to create custom fields and organise them into sections. It supports generating TOTP codes and it amazingly scan the webpage and scans the QR code with one click and I do not think any other password manager has this functionality. You can use tags to organise your items too. When it comes to 2FA, 1Password requires a randomly generated security key alongside the master password and OTP if you enabled 2FA which is a plus. I do not use Android but 1Password is working perfectly on my iPhone and on all my browsers. Bitwarden does what is says it does perfectly and I am enjoying it. What I said about 1Password does not justify their pricing, but I just highlighted what I liked about it. I have to say that I faced one annoying issue in 1Password related to Syncing. When I add a new pssword in 1Password in my iPhone, there is a noticeable delay when the newly added password appears in the desktop or browser extension. I do not know why but maybe it is related to encryption ( metadata is also encrypted)? I do not have this issue in Bitwarden even when I sat Encryption to 200000 literations.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I have to say that I faced one annoying issue in 1Password related to Syncing. When I add a new pssword in 1Password in my iPhone, there is a noticeable delay when the newly added password appears in the desktop or browser extension. I do not know why but maybe it is related to encryption ( metadata is also encrypted)? I do not have this issue in Bitwarden even when I sat Encryption to 200000 literations.
That's interesting.
I was experiencing exactly the opposite - 1Password was syncing without any delays across all my devices while Bitwarden had a noticeable delay.
Their support told me to log off and log back in again to force the sync but at this point I was just pissed off and moved away from Bitwarden to 1Password.
Anyway I still support Bitwarden and will give them another shot in few months maybe.

entropism

Level 4
Verified
Jul 30, 2019
1Password provide better security and is recommend by Troy Hunt
"better". I'm willing to go out on a limb and say the level of security is pretty equal. Also, remember. he created Have I Been Pwned?, and 1Password has a (probably paid) partnership with them, so I'm not surprised he's endorsing them.

Just saying, look between the lines.

Personally, I'd have no issues (as far as security goes) using 1password, bitwarden, Keeper, or even Sticky Password. I think the more important thing is that people use SOMETHING. I personally chose Bitwarden. Works for me better than 1Password would.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.