Status
Not open for further replies.

212eta

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 11, 2011
Okay I think I understand now, but surely that is a lot of work to do. :)
Less than six (6) minutes to restore my Image. :cool:
As far as On-Demand Scanners, they range from 30' to 120'. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

Before I update Windows and rest software, I revert back to an Image; a clean Image (= malware-free) located outside my system.
As I keep nothing Personal inside my System, it takes me less than 6' to fully restore my System.
Personal files (= music, photos etc.) has always been stored outside my System. :cool:
I scan my System with various On-Demand scanners, but I've been Malware-Free for years. ;)
Okay I think I understand now, but surely that is a lot of work to do. :)
It is what i do too , best practices reduces the needs of tons of security apps.

D

Deleted member 178

Something to consider for sure. :) Just never thought of it before. ;)
If you take the habit of doing big updates/upgrades from a clean backup , you just need a default-deny softwares like SRP/anti-exe/HIPS to control what you are executing; no needs RT AVs or suites.
just by doing that , you will have a lighter system (no permanent files scanning) and less incompatibilities.

212eta

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 11, 2011
If you take the habit of doing big updates/upgrades from a clean backup,
you just need a default-deny softwares like SRP/anti-exe/HIPS to control what you are executing; no needs RT AVs or suites.
just by doing that, you will have a lighter system (no permanent files scanning) and less incompatibilities.
Exactly! That's the plan. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 178
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.