Advice Request 2x16 GB Ram Vs 16 GB Ram whats the difference, one slot.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Freud2004

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
I try to search in google, but don't find an exact explanation,

My new laptop, ACER Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-79LK (Intel Core i7-10750H - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 - RAM: 16 GB - 1 TB SSD - 15.6''), probably will come withe One slot 2x16Gg Ram.

What this means, 2x16gb, its one dim but makes dual channel mode?

What is the difference if I buy two dims and occupy the two slots with 8GB Ram, making dual Chanel?

So I don't really understand, if 2X16 one dim its one dim but makes dual Chanel, or 2x don't have nothing to do with dual channel mode.

Tanks, sorry for my English.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Nowadays one large or more identical memory sticks don't matter anymore, bandwidth and parallelism seems to be handled more intelligently by mobo/cpu. Differences are minimal. Better buy the best option performance wise for the money you can spend (so I would buy the 2x16 on 1 stick when it was cheaper and had same bandwidth and timings). .

1607442207493.png

Freud2004

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Nowadays one large or more identical memory sticks don't matter anymore, bandwidth and parallelism seems to be handled more intelligently by mobo/cpu. Differences are minimal. Better buy the best option performance wise for the money you can spend (so I would buy the 2x16 on 1 stick when it was cheaper and had same bandwidth and timings). .

Tanks, so I will not spend more money now, I will leave the 2x16GB RAM, for now ill be enough the 2x16GB of ram in a single slot. For what I understood I will not win performance for buying two 8GB RAM and populate the two slots.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.