360 Total Security 5.0.0.2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I am currently trying the IS, and there are no problems till now. It will be bad to have only TS in the future, it's heavier and buggier. Even if they fix bugs, I believe it will be still more heavy than IS.

Reactions: nissimezra

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I'm using ESET AV on my main pc, qihoo 360IS is much lighter and has the same detection rate.
AS for smart security, not for me, very heavy on the sys.
It seems strange to me that Eset seems heavier than 360 on your sys. For example Chrome launches a bit faster with eset than with 360 IS. I guess it's because of different systems..
I would say the opposite, except from the fact that 360 appears faster in the tray than Eset when booting and logging in.

Reactions: nissimezra

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
It seems strange to me that Eset seems heavier than 360 on your sys. For example Chrome launches a bit faster with eset than with 360 IS. I guess it's because of different systems..
I would say the opposite, except from the fact that 360 appears faster in the tray than Eset when booting and logging in.
Don't know bro, for me Eset ss was heavy, Eset AV much lighter.
recommended
I disabled startup scan on eset coz it killed me.

360IS much lighter than any AV (without BD engine) I've tested

just remember ESET bot free so nothing to compare

Reactions: Nikos751

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
What discouraging news. 360Is is such a good, simple and efficient software (I'm using my second notebook), performance similar to ESET this main notebook that I use. I hope they change their minds and keep 360IS. 360TS has many bugs, many unnecessary functions (facebook login, many optimizers, patch up). I'll start thinking about a replacement, thanks for the news

Reactions: Kent and nissimezra

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
What discouraging news. 360Is is such a good, simple and efficient software (I'm using my second notebook), performance similar to ESET this main notebook that I use. I hope they change their minds and keep 360IS. 360TS has many bugs, many unnecessary functions (facebook login, many optimizers, patch up). I'll start thinking about a replacement, thanks for the news
Yep 360IS is to good to be trough. TS is another AV full of crap.

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
I'm sorry, guys, but I see a lot of stuff I don't agree with..
First of all, do you really consider 360TS 'full of crap'? Have you seen its detection rate? Just because it has those cleanup features? 360IS has a trace cleaner, but it's no problem there, isn't it? Then, I'm reading that it's heavy.. Well, this of course has to do with each one's system, but I'm on Windows XP with 0,99GB RAM and 599MHz processor and it works smooth. Imagine how better would it be in an updated OS wtih newer hardware and bigger RAM.. Yeah, I agree IS is lighter, definitely. And, of course, TS is a little bit buggy and unstable. But, hey! It's a new product which is currently being developed. Was Kaspersky Antivirus the best back in 2006? I don't think so. Give it some time and you'll be impressed.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I'm sorry, guys, but I see a lot of stuff I don't agree with..
First of all, do you really consider 360TS 'full of crap'. Have you seen its detection rate? Just because it has those cleanup features? 360IS has a trace cleaner, but it's no problem there, isn't it? Then, I'm reading that it's heavy.. Well, this of course has to do with each one's system, but I'm on Windows XP with 0,99GB RAM and 599MHz processor and it works smooth. Imagine how better would it be in an updated OS wtih newer hardware and bigger RAM.. Yeah, I agree IS is lighter, definitely. And, of course, TS is a little bit buggy and unstable. But, hey! It's a new product which is currently being developed. Was Kaspersky Antivirus the best back in 2006? I don't think so. Give it some time and you'll be impressed.
Thanks for reading!

How do you answer the following?

1. 360 IS detected more than 360 TS thought 360 TS have more engines?
2. 360 TS is 32 bit program only, but 360 IS has is a full 64 bit program
3. With bitdefender on in both, 360 IS uses around 40 MB of RAM whereas 360 TS uses more than 150 MB

Also basically both are same if you cut the crap out of 360 TS ;). Atleast Qihoo should provide option (like Avast) not to install them at all. 360 TS has lots of bugs as of now, they released it early without fixing many. But yes in future it might be a good Antivirus. Until then I am good with Avast.

Reactions: Moose and OneDay

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
How do you answer the following?

1. 360 IS detected more than 360 TS thought 360 TS have more engines?
2. 360 TS is 32 bit program only, but 360 IS has is a full 64 bit program
3. With bitdefender on in both, 360 IS uses around 40 MB of RAM whereas 360 TS uses more than 150 MB

Also basically both are same if you cut the crap out of 360 TS ;). Atleast Qihoo should provide option (like Avast) not to install them at all. 360 TS has lots of bugs as of now, they released it early without fixing many. But yes in future it might be a good Antivirus. Until then I am good with Avast.
Hello, @Anupam..
First of all, I didn't compare the two products, they are the SAME, after all.. Though IS has more FPs. As for your second point, I wasn't aware of that. Now, regarding memory usage, I think it might be an issue with BD engine in the current versions, 'cause in my system with cloud engines and Avira enabled I get around 55MB of RAM.
I agree with everything you said, but TS is definitely a great antivirus for NOW, no need to wait for future releases..

Last edited:
Reactions: silversurfer

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Old 360 IS user is sad here :( I am gonna love KIS!
Qihoo can do whatever they want! Bye bye

do you have currently no comodo firewall installed more? :confused:
have you KIS als giveaway,test version or paid version?

Last edited:

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I have no Comodo Firewall so KIS have a firewall too.
and KIS2015 is the third best proactive tool (see)
My good friend gave me a key for KIS2015 1 year ;)

thanks for the link... congratulations to KIS 2015! :)

Reactions: yigido

Ent

Sep 25, 2014
This program is the last remnants of inoffensive concealment with the 360 IS governments struggle to monitor all computer characteristic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.