Not open for further replies.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
This one is new: It shows the days you are being protected by QTS360 :)
Previously know it from Essentials only :)
Thanks for the notification :)`

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the old one, I just update my laptop now.

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Whoa, EMSISOFT lit up like fireworks when clicking on that bottom image, Der. Reisende. Not sure if it was a false positive or what.
There is probably something wrong with hxxp://www.directupload.net/, the service I used in the past to share pictures here where no file upload function is implemented (I think it is only for the Hub). I will exchange above mentioned links, please try again in a few minutes and tell me if it's fine then :) Gonna change the pic service, too :)

EDIT: I changed it now, if you click on the image, you will be redirected to the service, offering you to upload your own image.

N

Noxx

There is probably something wrong with hxxp://www.directupload.net/, the service I used in the past to share pictures here where no file upload function is implemented (I think it is only for the Hub). I will exchange above mentioned links, please try again in a few minutes and tell me if it's fine then :) Gonna change the pic service, too :)

All good man, I just wanted to be sure. My bad for taking this thread off topic. :)

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
Very nice test, thank you for sharing @minegroasprilla :) Great product to use:) But what about "Slower installation of frequently-used applications - 20 installed applications" - how come 123% on a high-end PC?!?

Reactions: tonibalas

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
After reading some rave reviews about 360 TS (Gizmo's Freeware ranking it best free AV swung it) I've finally got round to trying it. Ufortunately RAM usage is way higher than my previous AV, Panda (360's 4 processes total nearly 100MB as opposed to Panda's 15MB), and that's on 'balanced', without Avira and Bitdefender engines.

What's RAM like with others here? My first impressions are it seems rather bloated.

Last edited:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
After reading some rave reviews about 360 TS (Gizmo's Freeware ranking it best free AV swung it) I've finally got round to trying it. Ufortunately RAM usage is way higher than my previous AV, Panda (360's 4 processes total nearly 100MB as opposed to Panda's 15MB), and that's on 'balanced', without Avira and Bitdefender engines.

What's RAM like with others here? My first impressions are it seems rather bloated.
~235 MB in sum on Security preset, Avira and BD deactivated. But not really noticeable (4 GB RAM).

Reactions: uninfected1

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
lol ? seems u guys got something wrong in ur pc config and so.. my 360 TS with all activated and at maxium into preferences keep on 30 MB max resources.. 360 TS ts super ligth and efective ^_^

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
lol ? seems u guys got something wrong in ur pc config and so.. my 360 TS with all activated and at maxium into preferences keep on 30 MB max resources.. 360 TS ts super ligth and efective ^_^
Ok, seems RAM dependant at least, I've a new machine here, resource usage about yours, prefs and settings maxed out of course.. Maybe ShadowDefender ups the resource usage of QTS360, too. Effective? Absolutely :)

EDIT: This one has both Avira and BD running.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
How good is 360? My friend uses it but most anti-viruses besides Avast! Don't seem to run that well for me.

Pro:
Running flawlessly, feels light,gets programme updates quite often, and their own detections (I think those are all cloud based) are fast reacting to new threats, SUD reports can be answered within hours, at least in the morning after SUD (on weekends, they seem not to work).
However, QTS360 tends to whitelist chinese PUP/PUA, do not expect them to be found during scan (however, BB/HIPS can pop up if something tries to amend registry entries).
Very good HIPS/BB, auto-declines after 30 seconds, let's the user decide on what to do (description of the possible unwanted change included - e.g. registry entry).
Free.

Contra:
They cheated at some AV tests (Antivirus Company Qihoo Censured for Cheating in Lab Tests)
They whitelisted malicious software without testing, at least two current articles to be found in MT News section (Chinese Hackers Bribe Their Way onto Qihoo App Store)
You haven't got expert settings like in in Kaspersky or Avast!, only those Security Presets and some options in "Settings"
Some HIPS/BB actions are done (allowed) automatically, this can be an issue with those chinese PUPs/PUAs.

Feel free to visit the Hub, I'm testing QTS360 cloud only, works very very well. Decide on your own regarding those Contras.

EDIT: Here's the second article:
Sophisticated Bribe Scheme Helped Crooks Whitelist Malware on Chinese Antivirus

Last edited:

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I also think less experienced users need to be very wary of what's being deleted/changed if they use any of the optimization tools and as far as I can see 360 TS doesn't provide a way of reversing these changes in the UI.

Anyway I'll stick with it for a bit. Not at all impressed so far though.

Edit: Just noticed speedup changes are shown under History.

Last edited:
Reactions: Der.Reisende

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
I did notice also recently in past months after recent updates there ram usage is much higher even without the avira and BD engines ,still good but higher

minegroasprilla

Level 3
Verified
Jun 21, 2014
Contra:
They cheated at some AV tests (Antivirus Company Qihoo Censured for Cheating in Lab Tests)
They whitelisted malicious software without testing, at least two current articles to be found in MT News section (Chinese Hackers Bribe Their Way onto Qihoo App Store)
You haven't got expert settings like in in Kaspersky or Avast!, only those Security Presets and some options in "Settings"
Some HIPS/BB actions are done (allowed) automatically, this can be an issue with those chinese PUPs/PUAs.

So, in conclusion, Qihoo is not a good antivirus.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
So, in conclusion, Qihoo is not a good antivirus.
Technically, it's awesome. The rest lies in the eye of the beholder.
I don't know if you can trust any vendor by 100%, I'll stick to Qihoo regardless of those news for the moment - as long as they don't touch me. It runs flawlessly, and I'm not willing to change a proven, running system.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
I'm actually coming round to thinking it's pretty awesome too. In balanced mode it's now settled down to a fairly reasonable 30MG or so total RAM, and about 50MG RAM when the UI is open. Security mode with Avira and Bitdefender is unusable though, frequently spiking to 300+MG RAM and 50% CPU. Balanced mode is good enough for me though. I now think the various optimization tools are pretty good. There's no registry cleaner involved so it's probably safe to accept their recommendations. I also had some serious concerns about Qihoo and that was why I waited so long to try 360.

I also use Zemana Antilogger Free and as 360 TS has an anti keylogger component I was wondering if there might be conflicts but disabling ZAL does't seem to make much difference. I don't know if there's any point in still using ZAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.