Advice Request 360 Total Security - A viable MS Defender Alternative?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I often find this freemium AV mentioned in other postings but have never used it. Being that the dust has settled regarding WD, and the enhancements one can make to it via Config Defender by Andy Ful, would 360 be a good alternative to WD in terms of protection, and if one were looking for a GUI more consolidated than WD in terms of access to settings?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Last Hub result on 360 might be interesting information.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Last Hub result on 360 might be interesting information.
This thread refreshed my memory that @stefanos was a big 360 advocate. And users can block the ads and bloat.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I think this sums up @stefanos opinion:

"They usually have fast results in the cloud. And the signatures is fast enough. But if you want to stay secure with 360 TS you must run all the unknown files to sandbox. And with one good web extension , because 360 extension is rubbish is very secure."

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
You may "search" to see the "light". :D

I tried TS but the Desktop organizer which I consider bloat, messed up the positions of my Desktop Icons, and added unnecessary items to my right click context menu.
That said, I installed their older TS Essentials which has an Avira engine plus three others plus a Sandbox, together, make all that I need. If it causes problems for me, I will let everyone know.

Plus I added WiseVectorAI, and have Andy Ful's SWH in play, and a good backup imaging program Aomei Backerupper Pro.

If all else fails, I know where my PC's off button is located and how to restore a good HD image:):).

Always appreciate the suggestions, and support.

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Did you guys see this from earlier this year?

Chinese cybersecurity firm Qihoo 360 accuses CIA of 11-year-long hacking campaign

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.