- Content source
- https://youtu.be/qMHXBuQU6l8
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Pick your poisonAre you asking me to choose between malware and... malware?
A person can trivially make a test that would destroy Windows with all of Malware Defenders' protections enabled. (As well as for "competitor" products.)I wouldn't pick any of these i have to agree with the comments even basic windows defender would be better. Although i don't use defender myself.
but only if they take the time to watch the full video, so about a short summary, which one of these 2 did better? (& does it matter?)Thanks for sharing this video review! It will definitely help users make an informed decision between 360 Total Security and Huorong Internet Security.
I guess they both failedbut only if they take the time to watch the full video, so about a short summary, which one of these 2 did better?
If I'm not mistaken, did 360 Total Security have or does it have a sandbox?I guess they both failed![]()
I’m great, thanks for asking, just busy working on Orion (Deep Behavioural Inspection Engine).If I'm not mistaken, did 360 Total Security have or does it have a sandbox?By the way, are you okay?
![]()
It's good to know that everything is fine with you.I’m great, thanks for asking, just busy working on Orion (Deep Behavioural Inspection Engine).
So, the sandbox is useless. If it worked at least as well as CIS, unknown files would be automatically contained in the sandbox. Perhaps that would add some value in terms of protection.There was a sandbox in 360 and if I am not mistaken, it is still there. But it doesn’t sandbox anything automatically.
In fact, I remembered this episode many years ago about AVC tests of the 360 trying to cheat on tests to promote its products. This only ended up further damaging the company's reputation.In addition as discussed by @bazang , 360 was eliminated from AVC tests (if I remember right) due to discovering testing environments and delivering tailored configurations designed to nail the test.
Oh boy, that's complicated. They removed all third-party engines, which were the only hope for good protection, and now everything has gone down the drain. If many people were already not using 360 Total Security due to privacy concerns, the product is bad, no one even comes close to 360. If it were an efficient product like the other AVs on the market, even if its privacy policies were questionable, perhaps some people would use 360 Total Security.360 removed all third-party engines and now relies on proprietary technology that doesn’t really shine with anything. Very basic software overall, jam packed with features that can only be classified as bloatware.
I wouldn’t trust an AV with little users (or concentrated on one market) to contain or block “the unknown” as there will be loads that is unknown. You will end up having everything sandboxed.So, the sandbox is useless. If it worked at least as well as CIS, unknown files would be automatically contained in the sandbox. Perhaps that would add some value in terms of protection.
Same as old Webroot sandbox. Unfortunately. Both are not virtual sandboxes such as Comodo's and Sandboxie's virtualization. They're restricted permission sandboxes, basically.So, the sandbox is useless.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes