Status
Not open for further replies.

Razza

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
Am having a minor issue with 360 total security, action center on Windows 8.1 is complaining that 360 total security is turned off, i know the active protection is working fine as i tested it using EICAR test file dose any one else have this issue i know i can just hide the warning on action center.

2016-03-14_22-09-09.png

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @Razza,
Managed to replicate this, and it does not seem an issue with Windows but with 360TS. It seems like 360 TS publisher (QIHU 360 SOFTWARE CO. LIMITED) is not a Trusted Publisher and it needs your permission to run after each PC restart.
This happens if you have not downloaded the antivirus from the official website and instead used another source.

134.jpg

2.jpg

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
That's strange.. Use to have 360 installed on win 10 with no issues whatsoever... It could be an issue with the newly released version specifically to win 8 somehow... If you have previous version on your system install it and see if you get the same issue to rule out some other issue that might be causing it...

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Razza did you download 360 TS from the official website or have you used another source? I've downloaded 360 from their official website and the notification is fixed now. Can you try to uninstall 360TS and reinstall it from the official website.
Code:
https://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/download-free-antivirus/360-total-security/

1.jpg

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Action Center issue on being corrupt on registration of AV is totally unrealistic and occur only in such unexpected situation so on that case likely the 3rd party AV did not implement correctly the modules to register for Action Center.

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
@Jack lol I remember there use to be a clone of 360 security which was a virus... :D Now this is indeed a strange issue and I remember that their previous official international website was 360safe.com and somehow they have abandoned it..

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
@Jack lol I remember there use to be a clone of 360 security which was a virus... :D Now this is indeed a strange issue and I remember that their previous official international website was 360safe.com and somehow they have abandoned it..
360 TS can be also installed via PUP's...
360.jpg

The issue reported by @Razza does not see to happen if you use the official website however I did manage to replicate the issue when using other sources..

Razza

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Aug 12, 2014
@Jack I downloaded it from
Code:
https://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/
that not the issue , i've reinstalled 360ts it did register it self as on action center but on next reboot it was set as off again

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.