3link9's Desktop Config

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

CIS 5.12 is just optimized for Win8, it gave nothing to Win7.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
CIS 5.12 is just optimized for Win8, it gave nothing to Win7.

Yep I know but its the version it downloaded.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Update:

Removed CIS 5.12

Added Norton Internet Security 2013

Upgraded to Advanced System Care Pro

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
3link9
Were you having issues with CIS 5.12 ?
Just curious, Thanks :)

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
NSG001 said:
3link9
Were you having issues with CIS 5.12 ?
Just curious, Thanks :)

Yeah I was getting Massive CPU spikes and I noticed my cousin is getting CPU spikes but he said he can deal with it since it doesn't PC game that much anymore. But I still PC game so lightness atm is important.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Simple Update:

Added Comodo Internet Security 5.12 and Comodo Dragon
Added HTTPS Everywhere

P

Plexx

Do you happen to use much the ASC Pro features as opposed to the ones available in ASC Free?

My only suggestion is to either turn on UAC or use a standard accounts as opposed to Admin.

D

Deleted member 178

3link9 said:
Added Comodo Internet Security 5.12

Very well, you deserve to be in the Umbra Corporation, CIS & EAM installed, you can start to deploy the "Umbra Virus" :D

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Biozfear said:
Do you happen to use much the ASC Pro features as opposed to the ones available in ASC Free?

My only suggestion is to either turn on UAC or use a standard accounts as opposed to Admin.

Yeah I use all of the Pro features like the Registry deep clean, etc.
Works quite well.
Also, I may or may not use UAC as a find it pointless especially since I have D+ now.

Very well, you deserve to be in the Umbra Corporation, CIS & EAM installed, you can start to deploy the "Umbra Virus"

Well ofc XD
I might activate my Emsisoft License, Depends on the CPU it eats up since I'm using an old CPU atm.

D

Deleted member 178

3link9 said:
I might activate my Emsisoft License, Depends on the CPU it eats up since I'm using an old CPU atm.

If you decide to activate it, follow my guide

P

Plexx

EAM still suffers from random spikes on CPU and RAM after removing avast and installing EAM before moving again to CIS.

No fix was deployed on their latest build according to patch notes.

As for UAC vs D+, Earth pointed out on another post that it is not useless.

Edit:

Earth said:
Comodo D+ doesn't make UAC obsolete. For example; with UAC enabled, you can prevent accidentally executing a program with Admin privileges (without password).

Source: Post number 3

D

Deleted member 178

most spikes i have got were from updates and sometimes after the boot, none of the spikes froze my system as i suffered with other vendors, except that it is still light on responsiveness.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Alright EAM is now in Realtime however I don't think I'm going to enable UAC... I just really don't want it. :/

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
with EAM i used to have spikes on updates and on every boot for almost around 3-4 mins
apart from that never had a noticeable spkie

P

Plexx

The only thing I wished on EAM is configure not to run auto update on boot: For example: Set the hourly or whatever time you want as you can at the moment but counting from the moment the system is boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.