Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Update:
Changed Security Risk from Low to Medium.
Removed Norton IS 2013 (trial)
UAC turned on without dimming desktop.

So since my 2 week webroot trial was about to end, I now decided to buy it :D

So, after a couple of weeks of testing webroot I honnestly think I found my new favorite security software. (other than Symantec)
I just love it, The features are amazing and regardless of what everyone says, Webroots detection rate is GOOD and its prevention is the best I seen tbh.

So since I bought a license for complete, I'm not going to buy Norton right now. So, I'm going to run Webroot on its own since I fully trust it enough right now then maybe later next month, Feb, or whenever. I'm going to wait on CIS v6 since I cannot trust its final release, Way to many flaws exist still. It was released WAY to early.

D

Deleted member 178

Welcome to the club of those that tried and realized Webroot real efficiency.

D

Deleted member 178

He put it in "second opinion" means it is the free version.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Yep it does!

Man, This has been the lighest config I used in years :p

D

Deleted member 178

with WSA, difficult to find lighter and efficient at same time.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Update:
Added McAfee Total Protection

So I decided to give a test run of my first ever Security Product that I have used for almost 10 years up until 2011.
So far its running fine, The CPU has been running around 10-26 and the Memory around 42-48K.
So I may or may not keep it but I will be testing it awhile.

Is RollBack RX a good alt for a VM? or is it risky?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Update: Removed McAfee Total Protection
Added Norton Internet Security w/Smart Definitions Disabled

Alright, McAfee is better than it has been, The new GUI is WAY better than the old one.
However, I dont think it liked Webroot to much and the CPU went way out of control, I will NEVER give up Webroot at all so... McAfee had to go.
So Im back to my all time favorite config, NIS 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.