3link9's Laptop Config (Updated 10/9/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

RE: 3link9's Laptop Config (Updated 9/23/12)

What did you not like in ESET?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

If you paid for protection that you can't rely on, it makes no sense in buying it in the first place.

You don't need a companion AV for EAM+OAP, just take advantage of all the features is my suggestion.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Biozfear said:
What did you not like in ESET?

I just never liked it, I think its just a basic paid solution and I never really liked the detection rate of Eset but I do like that its light.
Tbh, I thought it was just something to eat my RAM and do nothing since I have Emsisoft, So even though its light it still eats some RAM and I don't even need it.

as for Earth:

Well I'm thinking about keeping it just as it is since Emsisoft did say it can be full replacement for a AV.

D

Deleted member 178

3link9 said:
I think its just a basic paid solution and I never really liked the detection rate of Eset but I do like that its light.

That is strange, i am using it for quite a while now, and it has more features and tweaks than many others and its detection rate is just below EAM.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Umbra Corp. said:
3link9 said:
I think its just a basic paid solution and I never really liked the detection rate of Eset but I do like that its light.

That is strange, i am using it for quite a while now, and it has more features and tweaks than many others and its detection rate is just below EAM.

For me I considered its detection rate average going by user tests, my own, and independent testing and I just think there's better and cheaper products out there, I guess its just not my taste.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
RE: 3link9's Laptop Config (Updated 9/29/12)

UPDATED:

Removed:
Online Armor

Added:
Trend Micro Internet Security

Alright, I'm getting rid of OAP as its been a memory hogger and the bootime is a killer.
However, I'm keeping it on my other PC as it does quite well on it since its the more updated PC. (thank god I bought for 2 PCs)
I'm also keeping EAM as I really love it, Best security software I ever bought for my PC tbh.
Also, I'm giving Trend a shot again. (ty McLovin) :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

3link9 said:
Added:

Glad to see another Trend Micro user. :) The only settings that I would configure is ones, where Trend loads first before anything else and there is a setting for Hypersensitive. :)

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

McLovin said:
3link9 said:
Added:

Glad to see another Trend Micro user. :) The only settings that I would configure is ones, where Trend loads first before anything else and there is a setting for Hypersensitive. :)

Yup and done.

I noticed Trend selling their software at my local warehouse clubs next to Norton, Kaspersky, and McAfee. (Sam's Club to be exact) and Just gave me the idea to try it out again. So far so good.
Might have to pick up the disk once the 6-Month trial runs out. ;)

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Update:
Removed:
WOT - To many biased reviews not even security related.
Wise Care - Not a fan at all, saying it cleaned but it barely did anything according to Ccleaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.