3link9's Laptop Config (Updated 10/9/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
RE: 3link9's Laptop Config (Updated 9/5/12)

Updated:
Removed:
Kaspersky Internet Security

Added:
Norton Internet Security 2013
Norton DNS
NPE
Updated Rescue Disk's database

So I decided to go Symantec again after 2013 was released as I planned.
Running trial to decide for buy.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
RE: 3link9's Laptop Config (Updated 9/9/12)

Updated:

Removed:
Norton Internet Security 2013 (Trial)
Advanced System Care

Added:
Panda Global Protection 2013

Thanks to Panda and pbust for that Amazing 12 month giveaway for PGP!

P

Plexx

What made you switch Norton to Panda out of curiosity?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Biozfear said:
What made you switch Norton to Panda out of curiosity?

Trial was going to run out sooner or later and I gotten a liking to Panda during its 2012 version. The giveaway was a full 3 PC 1 year licence, I couldn't pass it up ;)

P

Plexx

I did like their 2012 version as well.

Only thing I got that I don't particularly like but can still live with it is the colors of the UI in the 2013 version.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Biozfear said:
I did like their 2012 version as well.

Only thing I got that I don't particularly like but can still live with it is the colors of the UI in the 2013 version.

Same, I liked the black from last year and the color mix it has just doesn't mix, but I can live with it too.
I guess its cause Blue is awesome :D

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
RE: 3link9's Laptop Config (Updated 9/18/12)

UPDATED:
Added Emsisoft Anti-Malware Freeware
Changed Bootable Disk's status to Outdated due to the disks lacking WiFi Support

D

Deleted member 178

Why Install EAM freeware when you can have the Emsi Emergency Kit that do exactly the same but being portable?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Umbra Corp. said:
Why Install EAM freeware when you can have the Emsi Emergency Kit that do exactly the same but being portable?

I have EEK on a flash drive but having the actual program on the computer lets me do Right-Click on demand scans and It also allows me to have the latest program updates from Emsisoft when EEK only gets the latest EAM version awhile after EAM had a new version released.

D

Deleted member 178

valid point, so try to grab the full version license, use it as companion, then you will join my "corporation" :p ;)

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Umbra Corp. said:
valid point, so try to grab the full version license, use it as companion, then you will join my "corporation" :p ;)

Alright there Lord Oswell E. Spencer ;)

EAM7 releases tomorrow so I'm going to give it a shot and might grab a license for it.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Updated:

Removed:
PGP 2013

Added:
Comodo Anti-Virus (Tweaked)

EAM V7 is going to be released tomorrow and I'm going to give it a run so I decided to uninstall PGP and set up my remaining panda licences on my Cousins Laptop and possibly my friends computer.
So I installed CAV to replace it and i'm planing to give EAM a shot as a companion for it alongside Online Armor.

Safe to say, I'm going all Umbra minus Comodo FW ;)

D

Deleted member 178

In fact my combo is ESET NOD32 + EAM + OAP ;)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

3link9 said:
Safe to say, I'm going all Umbra minus Comodo FW ;)

umbra is using online armor now for a while :)

D

Deleted member 178

yes, and i don't think i will move from emsi pack, CIS v6 doesn't make me excited at all.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Ah, I just took a look at your config.
I never liked ESET and I want to go a more free route except for EIS if I choose to buy it. I have mixed views on CIS v6 I just really don't know yet and umbra, Thanks for getting me hooked on RE again. Now I gotta watch all 4 movies and buy a movie ticket for Retribution -_-

D

Deleted member 178

3link9 said:
I never liked ESET and I want to go a more free route

i like NOD32 for its lightness on system responsiveness, very good detection rate and many features; all that in just an AV.

btw, thanks to Biozfear, i used the 6 months giveaway to upgrade NOD32 to v6 RC.

umbra, Thanks for getting me hooked on RE again. Now I gotta watch all 4 movies and buy a movie ticket for Retribution -_-

me too :lolz:

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Umbra Corp. said:
3link9 said:
I never liked ESET and I want to go a more free route

i like NOD32 for its lightness on system responsiveness, very good detection rate and many features; all that in just an AV.

btw, thanks to Biozfear, i used the 6 months giveaway to upgrade NOD32 to v6 RC.

umbra, Thanks for getting me hooked on RE again. Now I gotta watch all 4 movies and buy a movie ticket for Retribution -_-

me too :lolz:
Haha! and Actually, Now I might give Eset another shot since I do game a lot as I do hear its pretty light often. Oh and when I grab EAM V7 tomorrow do you want me to use your ref link?

D

Deleted member 178

yes ESET is quite good for gamers.

For my ref link , i will never say no :D

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Umbra Corp. said:
yes ESET is quite good for gamers.

For my ref link , i will never say no :D

Ah cool ;)

Grabbing NOD32 right now and Wise Care, I read through the guides you have, very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.