Not open for further replies.

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
3link9 said:
normalizerx said:
3link9 said:
normalizerx said:
And have you tested them on malware download? I'm asking because when I used them both they were getting along fine but when testing them on specific links with malware they both detect, I ran into BSOD.

Yes I have, but I never ran into a BSOD.

Thanks a lot for answering. I'll probably try them once more though it's probably a problem on Windows 8 only. And does Norton still give an alert about incompatible software from time to time?
Yes, but you have the option to ignore it. The only time I seen it pop up is when I install MBAM Free/Pro. I haven't seen it touch webroot yet.
I like this combo but I think with Windows 8 and some of its restrictions on the number of security drivers loading etc., it's getting difficult to run Webroot alongside another AV. I had BSOD not only with Norton and Webroot but Avast and Webroot as well. And they always appear on downloading malware, detected by both vendors. If someone doesn't do this it may seem like everything is perfectly fine until such a case appears. I didn't have BSOD running Webroot with Windows Defender, Outpost Security Suite Pro and Avira.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
My old Desktop finally died and just in time for my new Desktop to arrive but it doesn't get delivered until next week (damn holidays).
So until then, I'm digging out my spare school/work laptop.
I'm not doing any malware-testing on this laptop and i barely will download anything and will go on my normal sites so, My exposure to malware and infection rate is set to low. I put McAfee SAAS back on and will be using that.

Side note, If you havent already, check out my new desktop specs...and tell me what ya think Here

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What was the cause of death?

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Earth said:
What was the cause of death?
Bad CPU, also the hardrive was going and the CMOS Battery on the motherboard was going since I kept getting the BIOS warning at bootup. It was old, I got it back in 2003-2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.