3link9's Laptop Config

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

RE: 3link9's Laptop Config (Updated 11/8/12)

I have a license of SaaS lying around. Last time I used it was totally different from the standard versions for home users and a friend who worked at McAfee said to use SaaS instead. Still dont fully trust that product but one thing was: UI was slightly better.

If things havent changed, SaaS is still its endpoint protection lineup with Email and web protection.

I didnt play much with SaaS tho so I have not seen last version in action.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Small Update:

Added
McAfee SiteAdvisor
Ablock

Removed Advanced System Care Free

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

More are using McAfee SiteAdvisor, what's the deal with that? Are they paying you. :p

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Earth said:
More are using McAfee SiteAdvisor, what's the deal with that? Are they paying you. :p
I wish and Its actually very good, Give it a shot sometime :D

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Some more trouble for Fiery,kuttus and Jack as one more guy heading towards Mcafee

:p bad joke

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011

Stranger said:
Some more trouble for Fiery,kuttus and Jack as one more guy heading towards Mcafee

Heh, Still more MSE users than McAfee over there :p

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

3link9 said:
Stranger said:

Heh, Still more MSE users than McAfee over there :p

Its neck to neck but I think Mcafee win with small margin

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Update:
Added Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete
Set Exposure to Malware from Low to Medium.

Alright, so my Graphics card on my desktop decided to die so the computer monitor will not receive a signal since the monitor stays in power save mode (Dell and Nvidia said that my card died) So until I replace it, This will be my temporary everyday config.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
3link9 said:
Update:

Alright, so my Graphics card on my desktop decided to die so the computer monitor will not receive a signal since the monitor stays in power save mode (Dell and Nvidia said that my card died) So until I replace it, This will be my temporary everyday config.

do you like Webroot or using just for test.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
MrExplorer said:
3link9 said:
Update:

do you like Webroot or using just for test.
I love it, I been a regular user of it for almost 2 months now on my other config. I'm keeping it :D

P

Plexx

3link9: are you using the ePO version of Endpoint? Either way (SaaS or ePO), could you try to do the CMD (nslookup) command to test GTI File Rep connectivity?

Command for CMD:
Code:
nslookup 4z9p5tjmcbnblehp4557z1d136.avqs.mcafee.com

If it is not too much could you screenshot your Dashboard as well as Policy Editor? You can mask any info you wish.

Note: for those who don't know or wish to know whats GTI, it is Global Threat Intelligence, which was known as Artemis.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Biozfear said:
3link9: are you using the ePO version of Endpoint? Either way (SaaS or ePO), could you try to do the CMD (nslookup) command to test GTI File Rep connectivity?

Command for CMD:
Code:
nslookup 4z9p5tjmcbnblehp4557z1d136.avqs.mcafee.com

If it is not too much could you screenshot your Dashboard as well as Policy Editor? You can mask any info you wish.

Note: for those who don't know or wish to know whats GTI, it is Global Threat Intelligence, which was known as Artemis.
Nope not using EPo to my knowledge.
and I tried running it, but it crashed and not showing me anything :S
Also what do you mean by Dashboard as well as policy editor? Sorry, My head isn't working right today. :/

P

Plexx

3link9 said:
Also what do you mean by Dashboard as well as policy editor? Sorry, My head isn't working right today. :/

Reason I asked about ePO is because I could not find the AV module only Endpoint version.

I tried the command nslookup but still failed. I got a feeling I need to configure something for GTI.

Dashboard: log into your McAfee Hosted Management account (https://www.mcafeeasap.com).

The very first page that is opened is the Dashboard.

Policy Editor is the 4th tab.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Biozfear said:
3link9 said:

Reason I asked about ePO is because I could not find the AV module only Endpoint version.

I tried the command nslookup but still failed. I got a feeling I need to configure something for GTI.

Dashboard: log into your McAfee Hosted Management account (https://www.mcafeeasap.com).

The very first page that is opened is the Dashboard.

Policy Editor is the 4th tab.
I would give it to you, But I don't think My school/work would like me for that since I actually did ask for the log in and stuff before but they refused. :/

P

Plexx

3link9 said:
I would give it to you, But I don't think My school/work would like me for that since I actually did ask for the log in and stuff before but they refused. :/

Oh the configuration of its module (Antivirus & Anti Spyware) is not done by you then. Fair enough.

I will have a look further on the GTI configuration for the Endpoint solution.

I know you can tie your Endpoint to ePO and I know that with ePO versions GTI work as I have asked a friend who has access to it.

Just can't figure it out what am I missing on the nslookup command to keep failing.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Update:
Replaced McAfee SaaS with McAfee Internet Security 2013

So since I'm prob not going to get my desktop up and running anytime soon, I decided to switch from SaaS to IS.

3link9

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Update:
Removed Webroot SA

Added:
Eset NOD32

Alright, Doing a temporary gaming experiment.
I was trying to figure out why I been getting a Sudden FPS drop in games and I noticed Bio said he had a FPS drop with Webroot so... seeing if its the culprit. However, Webroot will still remain on my daily use computer.

P

Plexx

3link9 said:
Update:
Removed Webroot SA

Added:
Eset NOD32

Alright, Doing a temporary gaming experiment.
I was trying to figure out why I been getting a Sudden FPS drop in games and I noticed Bio said he had a FPS drop with Webroot so... seeing if its the culprit. However, Webroot will still remain on my daily use computer.

Hey link, while you are at WSA, could you do me a simple test? can you see if WSA is fully functional disconnected from the internet? I honestly cannot remember if it has similar features like Panda where a cache is available for when not connected to the internet.

In terms of Gaming, the FPS drops were only 2 to 6 on a place full of users however when moving maps to combat open world with flashy skills it is where it massively dropped below 30FPS, despite being running graphics at medium settings with no shadows and window mode where I had the same exact settings without AV, with ESET and CAV at around 60FPS.

(AION was the game in question).

Needless to say, I have became inactive in AION. Path of Exile is one game you can trully test its FPS by pressing F1 (it also has on screen charts). However it is to note ICE SHOT skill will cause major FPS drops due to the animation itself. known issue that has been partially addressed by Grinding Gear Games.

The above game would be the best to identify the FPS drops and what not and its a F2P game.

I would test it myself again but unfortunately, constant disconnections due to ISP makes any online game unplayable after 5 to 10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.