A new PC Optimizer: MPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulky

Level 1
Verified
Apr 27, 2015
a little comparission of scan results between ccleaner ( with ccenhancer ) - AVG Pc Tuneup and Mpc :

30d9ocp.jpg

28vysjt.jpg

v3qalc.jpg

so there is room for improvemt in terms of the depth of cleaning in your program. also it would be nice if a user could have more control in the program , setting wise and the method of cleaning : normal - dod or guttmann :)
@starchild76
ccleaner.jpg
MPC.jpg
I think you guys made a mistake.MPC is not clearing the Recycle Bin by default.:):)Then I select the Recycle Bin.It seems like...

AbigailZhu

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 26, 2015
The problem is casued becuase the path to the executable in the registry is "system32\servicename.exe" and not "c:\system32\servicename.exe" However, despite the not having the full path to exe, Windows is able to start the service.

There needs to be an option to ignore any item that is detected that a user doesn't want to remove, so that the item is never detected again in future scans.

iolo System Service - part of System Mechanic.
LiveUpdateSvc - Update service for IObit products.

"Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)" in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)

I hope this helps.
Thank you very much!

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
How unprofessional. Claiming you will be better than another vendor is never a good thing. I've never seen Piriform claim they will be/are better than another company's product. It just gives me a dodgy impression of your product.
While I agree with your other points, I disagree with this one. Unless a free product is going to be better than other free products, then there really is nothing to make it stand out from rest. In m opinion CCleaner is definitely not best cleaner, but it is the most popular. Trying to make a product better than the most popular alternative, not only makes perfect sense, but it also makes sense to advertise it.

However I do have an issue with the claims on the home page of it being the lightest, fastest and safest, without any evidence to support those claims. It's reminds me of the ridiculous claims companies like IObit, iolo and Baidu make about their cleaning and optimizing software.

AbigailZhu

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 26, 2015
If I use Google Chrome and CCleaner Professional. How can you sell MPC, to make me switch?

Please don't consider price as a factor.
MPC is free for all our users, and free of charge is just one of its strongpoints. It has succinct designs and a friendly user experience: One Click CleanUp, One Click SpeedUp, etc. CCleaner is good software, but maybe it is so professional for users. Moreover, a score will represent the condition of the computer in MPC. This design can bring our users a sense of achievement.
Although bug is existent in our product and MPC is not as good as CCleaner right now, we will do our best to improve it. At the same time, some new functions of MPC are in the works. These ideas that CCleaner don’t care about in the update may be requisite for the users. We have enough confidence that MPC will be not a copy of CCleaner.
Thank you:):)

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I guess I could maybe give it a try, but until I try I still think Wise Care 365 is better.

S

starchild76

hello , I am back after completely have to reformat my operating system! your program is impossible to remove , the program folder remains , cannot be unlocked and the services keep running , even after running several uninstallers ( iobit , revo ) I will not try this ever again and in this stage not to be recommended at all.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@starchild76 No software is ever impossible to remove. You maybe need to manually stop the services before deleting the programs folder, or use something like unlocker to unlock the files in order to delete them.

I never ever reformat no matter what software or viruses I'm trying to remove.

S

starchild76

@starchild76 No software is ever impossible to remove. You maybe need to manually stop the services before deleting the programs folder, or use something like unlocker to unlock the files in order to delete them.

I never ever reformat no matter what software or viruses I'm trying to remove.

have tried to unlock the folder , in normal and safe mode with iobit unlocker , but no luck , services could not be terminated. so that is the reason I had to reformat. will not ever try this program again.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@starchild76 It's easy to remove completely. There are to processes (beginning with mpc) which remiain running after the uninstall. If you terminate them both from Task Manager, you can then delete them from the MPC folder under Program Files.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
have tried to unlock the folder , in normal and safe mode with iobit unlocker , but no luck , services could not be terminated. so that is the reason I had to reformat. will not ever try this program again.
Iobit unlocker is trash it failed many times/gives BSOD where i did successfully unlocked & delete folders/process by Lockhunter.

AbigailZhu

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 26, 2015
hello , I am back after completely have to reformat my operating system! your program is impossible to remove , the program folder remains , cannot be unlocked and the services keep running , even after running several uninstallers ( iobit , revo ) I will not try this ever again and in this stage not to be recommended at all.
I am sorry to reply to you till now. But it's impossible that MPC can not be removed. You can uninstalled it by launching "uninstall.exe" in the MPC folder.
And now, i have informed our developer to check this problem now. Thank you!

Reactions: starchild76

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I am sorry to reply to you till now. But it's impossible that MPC can not be removed. You can uninstalled it by launching "uninstall.exe" in the MPC folder.
As I already posted, after uninstalling it, two MPC processes remained running.

Reactions: starchild76

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
MPC is free for all our users, and free of charge is just one of its strongpoints. It has succinct designs and a friendly user experience: One Click CleanUp, One Click SpeedUp, etc. CCleaner is good software, but maybe it is so professional for users. Moreover, a score will represent the condition of the computer in MPC. This design can bring our users a sense of achievement.
Although bug is existent in our product and MPC is not as good as CCleaner right now, we will do our best to improve it. At the same time, some new functions of MPC are in the works. These ideas that CCleaner don’t care about in the update may be requisite for the users. We have enough confidence that MPC will be not a copy of CCleaner.
Thank you:):)

Unfortunately, 1-click solutions are not favourable. I would prefer to know what is going to happen, what is being removed, how many times, what is being disabled etc.

What features do you plan to bring to MPC, that are not currently available in CCleaner?

Additionally, I was looking at some of the shared screenshots, are Dangerous and Warning meant to scare users?

In this post #42.
Code:
53 Dangerous !  Please Repair Now
A total of 7 problems found, please repair

What does 53 indicate?
What is Dangerous?

In this post #46.

What does Optimise mean in MPC? Disabled, Deleted, Quarantined?
If a FP, will it affect the stability of the OS? How can users undo these changes, will there be a system restore point created before changes?

What's the IE BHO used for?
attach]

mpcieplus.DLL - https://www.herdprotect.com/mpcieplus.dll-ea05a94c800d1d4586dcfdc2a89b89c48bfd59de.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.