A sneak peek on Emsisoft’s version 11 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

Officer (police), I want to file a report of interpreter and process abuse... :D

D

Deleted member 178

Or they just realize that some people start downloading it, and they cut off the server hardline lol.

D

Deleted member 178

To test core Behavior Blocker against malwares, disconnect from network (= no AMN query). :D

It's the best solution I can come up with...

Yep , you dont have much other choices.

No settings to disable it? Im sure it had one.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Yep , you dont have much other choices.

No settings to disable it? Im sure it had one.
On setting > privacy > Anti-Malware Network

There are settings which says
-Lookup reputation of program

-Automatically allow program with good reputation
-Automatically quarantine program with bad reputation

Perhaps those are the setting you are looking for.

H

hjlbx

On setting > privacy > Anti-Malware Network

There are settings which says
-Lookup reputation of program

-Automatically allow program with good reputation
-Automatically quarantine program with bad reputation

Perhaps those are the setting you are looking for.

Emsi removed the AMN lookup setting; it is on all the time... too many users messed with the Behavior Blocker settings and got infected. So Emsi removed them = to protect users from themselves...

I am making all kinds of mistakes today. I test so many softs I forget about all their individual settings.

Emsisoft still has setting to disable AMN query.

Apologies if this causes confusion for anyone...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LabZero and Azure

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
It is system specific...

GT 500 Emsisoft Employee said this " I just want everyone to know that the beta update that was released earlier today (the preview of Emsisoft Internet Security 11) should resolve the firewall issues that people were experiencing on Windows 7 and 8, however please note that there is an additional issue causing the problem with updating while the firewall is turned on with Windows 10. Our developers are trying to determine if this issue was introduced by a Windows Update, since it seems to be 100% reproducible and yet it didn't exist when the last stable version was released. We do plan on fixing this issue as soon as we can, so please try to bear with us while our developers work on this.
wink.png
"

So they still fixing Windows 10 Windows Update issue on Emsisoft Internet Security. Well....took them really long time to announce this.

EIS Update Error - Emsisoft Internet Security

Reactions: Rebsat
H

hjlbx

GT 500 Emsisoft Employee said this " I just want everyone to know that the beta update that was released earlier today (the preview of Emsisoft Internet Security 11) should resolve the firewall issues that people were experiencing on Windows 7 and 8, however please note that there is an additional issue causing the problem with updating while the firewall is turned on with Windows 10. Our developers are trying to determine if this issue was introduced by a Windows Update, since it seems to be 100% reproducible and yet it didn't exist when the last stable version was released. We do plan on fixing this issue as soon as we can, so please try to bear with us while our developers work on this.
wink.png
"

So they still fixing Windows 10 Windows Update issue on Emsisoft Internet Security. Well....took them really long time to announce this.

EIS Update Error - Emsisoft Internet Security

+1 for Emsi.

At least they let users know there is problem and fully explain situation.

Microsoft Update breaking something is not unusual. If it is due an M$ update, I would not be surprised. It happens all the time with other softs: Sandboxie (regularly), Bitdefender, Kaspersky, etc.

Bad M$ update is M$ problem, not Emsi. Emsi and other vendors are forced to fix issue that they themselves never created.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
The point I'm trying to make here is that, unless you have your system properly configured with the correct types of samples, you will be unable to test EIS 11.

I disagree on that.
For EIS v10, even the stable version has some bugs that are easy to find with no knowledge on sample types.
I think this also holds for v11...

By the way, if you want to test without AMN, maybe you can config the firewall in your real machine (I assume you test the software in a virtual machine) to block any connection to the server of EMSISOFT.

D

Deleted member 178

You have to know , that fixing something, needs investigations and resources, and those have a financial cost, so they want be sure of the cause, that is why you have to wait long.

Emsi is among the fastest to fix things

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.