Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Pro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Abdelwahaab

Thread author
Jul 17, 2012
feel i need to change the realtime , need suggestions about free or paid antivirus, internet security use low ram

Reactions: tonibalas

Ahmed Adel

Mar 18, 2015
Hi Abdelwahab
for a free solution you have avast free , 360 total security (with avira & bitdefender engines enabled) ,
as for paid you have ESET smart security , Kaspersky
have a nice day and feel free to ask question

Reactions: Abdelwahaab
Y

yigido

Hello,

If you want to use paid product, my choice is Emsisoft.
If you want free antivirus (In my opinion free softwares more than enough) I can suggest you Avira Free & Avast Free.
Use offline installers and watch out their software offers!
I love the config that you have, it is basic and it can be good.
I just want to strenghten your browser, because all malwares come via this channel.. add these extensions
- HTTPS Everywhere
- WOT
- use uBlock instead of current adblockers you have. (uBlock is amazing blocking extension)

and CCleaner for tweaking and cleaning your PC regularly (daily clean my favaorite) Watch out the installer it offers other programs while installing, but CCleaner is very good product.

Abdelwahaab

Thread author
Jul 17, 2012
Hi Abdelwahab
for a free solution you have avast free , 360 total security (with avira & bitdefender engines enabled) ,
as for paid you have ESET smart security , Kaspersky
have a nice day and feel free to ask question

360 total security has two engines and free,umm i read the av comparatives about it ,its not good enough to trust

Hello,

If you want to use paid product, my choice is Emsisoft.
If you want free antivirus (In my opinion free softwares more than enough) I can suggest you Avira Free & Avast Free.
Use offline installers and watch out their software offers!
I love the config that you have, it is basic and it can be good.
I just want to strenghten your browser, because all malwares come via this channel.. add these extensions
- HTTPS Everywhere
- WOT
- use uBlock instead of current adblockers you have. (uBlock is amazing blocking extension)

and CCleaner for tweaking and cleaning your PC regularly (daily clean my favaorite) Watch out the installer it offers other programs while installing, but CCleaner is very good product

I read alot about EAM its without firewall
Can i add enable MBAM realtime with it
or Windows firewall is enough .
Https Everywhere,WOT,UBlock i will them a try
Thanks Guys for your interest

Last edited:
H

hjlbx

1. I read alot about EAM its without firewall
  2. Can i add enable MBAM realtime with it or Windows firewall is enough .
Hello Abdelwahaab,

Look at BiniSoft's Windows Firewall Control 4 ($10 US, Lifetime License, unlimited installs) ... is a Windows Firewall GUI that notifies user to all outbound network connects.

Adding MBAM real-time (paid) is not necessary with EAM.

Your money is much better spent on BiniSoft's WFC.

WFC greatly improves Windows Firewall protection. With outbound connection alerts by BiniSoft's WFC, Windows Firewall is sufficient for typical use.

By the way... I use EAM + WFC.

Abdelwahaab

Thread author
Jul 17, 2012
Hello Abdelwahaab,

Look at BiniSoft's Windows Firewall Control 4 ($10 US, Lifetime License, unlimited installs) ... is a Windows Firewall GUI that notifies user to all outbound network connects.

Adding MBAM real-time (paid) is not necessary with EAM.

Your money is much better spent on BiniSoft's WFC.

WFC greatly improves Windows Firewall protection. With outbound connection alerts by BiniSoft's WFC, Windows Firewall is sufficient for typical use.

By the way... I use EAM + WFC.

Thanks for sharing your config :)

thanks mates i decided ot test EAM beside WFC

thanks again @hjlbx , thanks @exterminator20 , thanks MalwareTips

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually that's my same setup and actually if you are not going on those pesky websites/unknown programs then you will not be infected considering your computer knowledge level.

But as per suggestion, you may tweak a lot of settings like Avast Free AV which includes the feature of Hardening Mode to block any unknown program instantly.

For internet security, try Kaspersky Internet Security, one of their backbone feature is application privilege control which provides powerful ability to limit or prevent programs to execute.

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
If you want another AV, my choice is Avast for free and Emsisoft for paid.

MBAM real time protection alongside EAM is perfectly ok, but only if you already have a license. Otherwise just use Windows Firewall Control :)

Abdelwahaab

Thread author
Jul 17, 2012
Actually that's my same setup and actually if you are not going on those pesky websites/unknown programs then you will not be infected considering your computer knowledge level.

But as per suggestion, you may tweak a lot of settings like Avast Free AV which includes the feature of Hardening Mode to block any unknown program instantly.

For internet security, try Kaspersky Internet Security, one of their backbone feature is application privilege control which provides powerful ability to limit or prevent programs to execute.

I know KIS is pretty awesome defense castle but it takes a lot of ram i believe in paid software i will test EAM and WFC

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.