abhi95sinha's Config

P

Plexx

RE: abhi95sinha Security Config

You tried ESET v6 correct? If not mistaken HIPS is not fully functional on the RC version.

And yes I have been an ESET user until recently switching to a non av mode for now.

Do you really need HIPS?

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012
RE: abhi95sinha Security Config

Biozfear said:
You tried ESET v6 correct? If not mistaken HIPS is not fully functional on the RC version.

And yes I have been an ESET user until recently switching to a non av mode for now.

Do you really need HIPS?

Nah... I used v5.2.9. Was ESET troubling you which is why you removed it..?? (just want to know if there's another bug in that software)
HIPS is necessary, isn't it.... Need certain rules for certain programs..!!

D

Deleted member 178

RE: Need a light n solid antivirus !!! Plz help...!!

i will suggest you Emsisoft Anti-malware, especially the next release with Bit Defender + Emsisoft engine, it has a cloud -based Behavior Blocker and a "surf protection" based on a Host-list.

Panda Cloud AV is quite light and effective, the free version is good , the Pro one (paid) integrate additionally a firewall and an USB protection.

If you need a HIPS, Comodo IS ( AV + FW + HIPS + Sandbox) will be the best choice protection/lightness, and for free.

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
i will suggest you Emsisoft Anti-malware, especially the next release with Bit Defender + Emsisoft engine, it has a cloud -based Behavior Blocker and a "surf protection" based on a Host-list.

Panda Cloud AV is quite light and effective, the free version is good , the Pro one (paid) integrate additionally a firewall and an USB protection.

If you need a HIPS, Comodo IS ( AV + FW + HIPS + Sandbox) will be the best choice protection/lightness, and for free.

So are you saying that Bitdefender is faster in it's 13th version ???
Checked out av-comparatives report but can't figure out which one provides both security n low memory footprints...!!

D

Deleted member 178

not Bit defender but EAM (v7 will integrate BD engine).

classic mistake : high RAM doesn't meant heavy system, ESET has High ram usage but is light on system.

i was a long time user of Comodo IS, it has all what you requested, you should give it a try if you can understand the HIPS' popups.

Imran

Level 1
Feb 27, 2012

Try Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus plus 2012 :)
Or you can try Vipre 2012 also.

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
not Bit defender but EAM (v7 will integrate BD engine).

classic mistake : high RAM doesn't meant heavy system, ESET has High ram usage but is light on system.

i was a long time user of Comodo IS, it has all what you requested, you should give it a try if you can understand the HIPS' popups.

OK... I'm thinking about using Eset AV alongside Win Firewall.... I haven't installed software that binds me into using HIPS after shifting to win 8 so I think i'll go with it...!! Would you like giving Any other AV suggestions...?? What do you use...!!

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012

Imran said:
Try Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus plus 2012 :)
Or you can try Vipre 2012 also.

I think it's got less detection rates plus it's slow on the system...

D

Deleted member 178

abhi95sinha said:
Would you like giving Any other AV suggestions...?? What do you use...!!

i am using an arsenal, check my sig :D

btw, i removed Webroot. :p

P

Plexx

ESET v5 hips issue on Windows 8 I am not sure but Loveboy could tell you since he tested ESET v5 on Windows 8.

I have been a user of ESET without it's HIPS but I knew what I was doing.

ESET HIPS in Interactive mode will give you quite a lot of popups compared to other HIPS but then again, you could still use ESET with Comodo Firewall and Defense +.

I won't be able to help you much right now off the top of my head due to not having my main system where my images are with different combos.

Imran

Level 1
Feb 27, 2012

What do you think about Lavasoft?

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
abhi95sinha said:
Would you like giving Any other AV suggestions...?? What do you use...!!

i am using an arsenal, check my sig :D

btw, i removed Webroot. :p

Going empty handed into the internet warzone...!! :angel:

D

Deleted member 178

abhi95sinha said:

there it is : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Umbra-Corp-Main-Config

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012

Biozfear said:
ESET v5 hips issue on Windows 8 I am not sure but Loveboy could tell you since he tested ESET v5 on Windows 8.

I have been a user of ESET without it's HIPS but I knew what I was doing.

ESET HIPS in Interactive mode will give you quite a lot of popups compared to other HIPS but then again, you could still use ESET with Comodo Firewall and Defense +.

I won't be able to help you much right now off the top of my head due to not having my main system where my images are with different combos.

Guess it's my bad luck...!!

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
abhi95sinha said:

there it is : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Umbra-Corp-Main-Config

Am viewing that thread for about 10 mins now!! ;)
You must be having a super computer

Z

ZeroDay

You could check out comodo internety security along with Chirons guide it's solid and light.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.