abhi95sinha's Config

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012
Biozfear said:
I believe you misunderstood me. I never said updates would decrease performance at all.

Updates are required for a reason. Skipping them is not an ideal approach.

I get it. I get it. :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: abhi95sinha's Config - Need a good AV

If you're using a modern OS on old hardware, you may want to consider upgrading components or buying a new PC/laptop.

1). No, Windows Updates doesn't slows down the PC.

2). Windows Updates automatically install the updates, so I don't have to.

abhi95sinha said:
How many of you think that using windows update slows down the PC.
How many of you out there install windows update. ?? :)

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012
RE: abhi95sinha's Config - Need a good AV

Earth said:
If you're using a modern OS on old hardware, you may want to consider upgrading components or buying a new PC/laptop.

1). No, Windows Updates doesn't slows down the PC.

2). Windows Updates automatically install the updates, so I don't have to.

I have a fairly good PC. Thanks for the help. Btw, Earth, I noticed you are using BD AV. How is the memory consumption? BDTS memory consumption on my laptop is nearly 60MB.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Yes, I am using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 and for a good reason, it doesn't include the extra crap that "Total Security" has.
Only 4 tabs/modules:
- Antivirus
- Update
- Privacy
- Safego

During the Idle period, memory usage is at it's lowest point.

WKyvB.png

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012
OK. I think I'll try IS.
Btw, your memory consumption is quite low. :D
Did you apply any tweaks to it and have you tried Win 8 yet ??

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The website shows incorrect information, the File Shredder is available in the Antivirus Plus version too. The Internet Security you get the 2-way Firewall, Anti-Spam and Enhanced Parental Controls, but only if you need those, otherwise AV + Windows Firewall is enough.

I only changed > Active Virus Control to Aggressive, in the AV Settings, but not encountered any FPs, and using Auto-Pilot mode.

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012
Earth said:
The website shows incorrect information, the File Shredder is available in the Antivirus Plus version too. The Internet Security you get the 2-way Firewall, Anti-Spam and Enhanced Parental Controls, but only if you need those, otherwise AV + Windows Firewall is enough.

I only changed > Active Virus Control to Aggressive, in the AV Settings, but not encountered any FPs, and using Auto-Pilot mode.

What about the Intrusion Detection System. Is it turned on?? I think that it's related to Active Virus Control

Btw, I'm using IS just to check how well their firewall performs. Other offerings in IS suite is useless to me. :D

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012
Hey Guys, I heard from BD technical Assistant that BD and MBAM (even when it acts as on demand scanner) are not compatible with each other when I contacted him about the non-visibility of BD scan options in context menu.
Is there a way to make them run without having them conflict with each other?

D

Deleted member 178

BD want to remove any rivals :D

1- uninstall MBAM
2- install BD
3- install MBAM
4- set the exclusions

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:

1- uninstall MBAM
2- install BD
3- install MBAM
4- set the exclusions

Thought the Same. Thanks :)
Btw, BD uses up a lot of network.
And 1 more thing. Emsisoft uses BD engine. So why not directly use BD. Can you tell me the reason behind using EAM??

D

Deleted member 178

lighter, secondary emsisoft own engine, cloud-based Mamutu BB, HOST blocker (where i can add my own lists), interaction with OAP, reactive support and interaction with the developers, 2680 days of subscription left :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:

1- uninstall MBAM
2- install BD
3- install MBAM
4- set the exclusions

I kinda do the same thing for Trend. :p

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
lighter, secondary emsisoft own engine, cloud-based Mamutu BB, HOST blocker (where i can add my own lists), interaction with OAP, reactive support and interaction with the developers, 2680 days of subscription left :D

Thinking of trying EAM 7. But BD 2013 is way faster (lighter) than it's predecessors

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012
Calling all EAM 7 users.

Guys, I'm getting this high memory usage + it shows EAM 6.6
PLZ HELP!!!:(

Attachments

• Untitled3fnddh.png
    Untitled3fnddh.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 445

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
abhi95sinha said:
Calling all EAM 7 users.

Guys, I'm getting this high memory usage + it shows EAM 6.6
PLZ HELP!!!:(

:eek: that is kinda odd... Has it died down yet?

abhi95sinha

Thread author
Aug 29, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
im on win7 so i can't help.

how much memory usage do you get especially during scans and applications startup.
EAM should have the same usage in win 8 too, right? :(

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.