Hot Take About KTS migration to new product line!

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I decided to uninstall plus (good for now 139 days) to see if Kaspersky would upgrade a Total security (that's good till Aprill 2024 I have,) after uninstalling and installing Total. Got blue screen then tried installing twice and both times got a install error, called it a day and went back to plus which reinstalled with no problem, maybe if I uninstalled registry record it would consider my Total security license and not block which I suspect might have happened

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Kaspersky Security Cloud licenses almost have the same features as K.Plus :)
Dear @harlan4096 in the past I bought KTS from Amazon.com and recently also converted it to K+.
Now I only left 80 days of it.
If I buy Kaspersky Plus 2023 from Amazon Germany website, can I extend my current K+ considering that if on activation I connect to Germany via a VPN? Thank you so much.

Reactions: harlan4096

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
People move all the time, it's not anybody's business where and who activated the product that person already paid for.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
1680472735514.png
I asked a friend to buy it for me, which I have to pay for him, but he said he couldn't buy. Screenshot above. Why?

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
As I told You, depending on Your country region, also you can't purchase specific deals focused in specific country regions different from Yours.

transformer69

Level 1
Mar 17, 2023
View attachment 274160
I asked a friend to buy it for me, which I have to pay for him, but he said he couldn't buy. Screenshot above. Why?
The reason he couldn't buy is shown there in plain English :rolleyes:

Fyi, someone should ideally buy keys for their own region/country otherwise they're paying tax to other country's government and contributing in other's economy instead of their own. ;)

Reactions: amirr

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
But question: When doing clean installation of Windows, then how many times is the for activation limit? More than two times, then I have to ask the Kaspersky support to reset my key?
@harlan4096 will be able to answer here, but the hardware ID should remain the same throughout all reinstalls and the key should not have a limit how many times it will work.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
@harlan4096 will be able to answer here, but the hardware ID should remain the same throughout all reinstalls and the key should not have a limit how many times it will work.
Agree. As with Bitdefender, it recognizes the device over the OS reinstall. It just may be a MyKaspersky maintenance thing of deleting the previous device and Add Device (on the new Windows install). But, as you said, let the pro stop by and confirm things, I don't want to steer anyone wrong :)

Reactions: amirr

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
The normal procedure to do a new clean K. install without license issues would be:

1.- Go to Your "My Kaspersky" site area, then in Devices, unlink Your system from the current license.

2.- In Your Kaspersky product, delete the license manually.

3.- Uninstall Kaspersky using its standard uninstaller in Windows Control Panel -> Programs and Features, without keeping any data remaining in the system (license data, etc.)

4.- In the new system, download installer (You can do also via Your "My Kaspersky" site area), install and activate/connect the product with Your "My Kaspersky" credentials.

Last edited:

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Thank you so much Harlan, while I try NOT to do a clean Windows installation anymore, which sometimes I do due to the old habits only; and in the past I used to contact support of Kaspersky via support ticket to reset my activation code.

Dhruv2193

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 7, 2016
I am really impressed by the new product line. I have upgraded to standard version after it became avl. in my country around 1-3 weeks back. Looking forward to using it as @harlan4096 has tested its auto remediation of threats successfully for a very few threats. which were not getting the same action in KIS.

Dinux

Dec 25, 2020
Hi @harlan4096,

I'm a little confuse about migration from KIS to Kaspersky Standard in my region Malaysia.
Fyi, I had KIS installed in Malaysia, with 69 days remaining.

1) Can i download the new K-Standard trial version from US website and install over existing KIS (Malaysia region), with existing license activated?

2) Looks like the distributor in Malaysia doesn't offer any new product line-up yet. Since i still have 69 days before KIS expire, could it be possible to purchase a KIS renew activation and activate in K-Standard?

Thanks in Advance.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
1.- You can, but the product probably will warn You about it is not focused on Your country region.

2.- I would wait until K. Standard is available in Your country. You can renew Your KIS license, and later easily migrate directly to K. Standard just installing over KIS :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.