Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Just as a heads up soon we will allow only certain groups to give Negative Rep Points, also you should have in mind that most of the Rep Points that you have are from me........so this is why you think this system is not good...but from now on I will be more carefull when giving rep points...so the Rep Points will weight more ;)

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Because some users can give a lot of reputation points, that could lower the "weight" of the smaller additions, or reputation points given by a "little member". However, I do like the idea of this system: It can encourage users to post things which will interest others, if only to get a higher "score". The point is not that this seems a bit childish, but that it can increase the amount of quality content.

I do value a real reply of thanks more than a few rep points, but both, together, are ideal IMHO.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
LaserWraith said:
Because some users can give a lot of reputation points, that could lower the "weight" of the smaller additions, or reputation points given by a "little member". However, I do like the idea of this system: It can encourage users to post things which will interest others, if only to get a higher "score". The point is not that this seems a bit childish, but that it can increase the amount of quality content.

I do value a real reply of thanks more than a few rep points, but both, together, are ideal IMHO.
Good post.
I gave you +4 rep for that.
You are more matured than you think.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
We are also working on a awards system...."The awards" will be showed in the postbit.... ;) .....

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Jack said:
We are also working on a awards system...."The awards" will be showed in the postbit.... ;) .....

Cool!

Just don't make it too hard for a new user to get used to this forum. I know some forums with advanced reputation, award, and point systems...and I have never fully figured them out. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.