Troubleshoot Acer Aspire 5750G Touchpad Driver Problems

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
The touchpad doesn't work.The key "trick" Fn-F7 doesn't work either.(now i'm using a wireless mouse)
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Installed Synaptics and Elantech drivers,uninstalled,re-installed,still nothing.The settings for the drivers are grey-out as you can see in the snapshot.
2015-04-08_215036.png

L

LabZero

Try :
Control Panel/Device Manager/Mouse or pointing device/driver/-restore- driver (if not work -uninstall-driver)
Reboot
Windows install the generic driver,if work you can reinstall original touchpad Acer driver
Alternative do you can restore a system image ? To exclude hardware issues

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: VladDracul
Upvote 0

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Nope,doesn't work.
I don't use system restore,it's disabled on my laptop.If i install windows from scratch,the touchpad will work for some time and after that (few hours usually) stops working and the driver panel became grey-out.Very very weird....

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What OS are you running
Is the F7 key the one that disables your touchpad ?
Did you try the drivers Directly from Acer support

Reactions: VladDracul
Upvote 0

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Ok,sorry about that.I'm running Win 7 x 32 Ultimate and yes,the combination Fn+F7 disables-enables the touchpad.Installed the drivers from the original CD,and from the Acer webpage http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

No,it doesn't come with a reboot and didn't try with a recovery disc.
I have several backups with Acronis Seagate,Aomei and Active Disc but all are made without the working touchpad...

Reactions: LabZero
Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Upvote 0

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
No Acer recovery partitions.I remembered i have a Paragon backup image with only the basic drivers installed and nothing else.I think i should try and restore it.What freeware can i use to backup the drivers?
Thank you guys for all the replies.
This is obviously a common problem have you tried contacting Acer support directly
Not yet.If it was a common issue i would have found the answer for my problem by now...

Reactions: LabZero
Upvote 0

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Upvote 0

EmiLLiaN

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
I already have and tried that version,not working.Thank you anyway.:)
Then go to Start - Above Computer, Right Click - Manage - Device Manager - Mice and other pointing device (open the under section) - Right click and Uninstall all the controls driver of the mouse.
Unplug the wireless mouse and plug it on other usb device. Run the ccleaner registry cleaner, then: Go to Start - Above Computer, Right Click - Manage - Device Manager - Mice and other pointing device, and you should have an error about an unninstalled driver.
If you have it, install the synaptics driver, then restart and try the touchpad. If not, let me know.

Upvote 0

VladDracul

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
The screen capture of the Mouse Properties didn't change at all from the screen capture you've taked in the first post?
No,in fact after installing the driver and the restart i get this.
2015-04-23_074612.png

You could always check for missing/outdated/more optimal drivers. Also note the possibility of drivers corruption due to integrated drivers (in windows).
Try the following application :
http://snappy-driver-installer.sourceforge.net
Already have this software and tried it,it find drivers that i already have.Thank you anyway.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.