Advice Request Acronis Cyber Protect

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Hi brethren, just decided to get Acronis cyber protect , Does anyone else run anything besides Microsoft Defender with this as it claims conflicts with third party software , I would like to maintain Kaspersky total security on my main computer, so should I shut off Acronis protection or in spite of the warning run them together ?

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I had tested it quickly 15 days ago, it uses its AI engine and Bitdefender engine.

If people want it, I will do it soon in video

And 2 Antivirus is not recommended because of the conflict !!!!!

Edit : English Please !

Last edited:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I am not familiar with this product however running two antivirus programs on the same computer is normally not a good thing to do. May I ask why you decided to use this if you already have KTS?
its a backup program first and why I wanted it have had some difficulty with restore with Macrium lately ,,Acronis changed name the older version claimed compatibility with its protection module but now no. guess I will remove Kaspersky for now and use periodic scanning with Defender

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I had tested it quickly 15 days ago, it uses its AI engine and Bitdefender engine.

If people want it, I will do it soon in video

And 2 Antivirus is not recommended because of the conflict !!!!!

Edit : English Please !
Requested it on your YouTube channel a while ago. How dare you not publishing a video about it! ;)

Reactions: [correlate]

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
its a backup program first and why I wanted it have had some difficulty with restore with Macrium lately ,,Acronis changed name the older version claimed compatibility with its protection module but now no. guess I will remove Kaspersky for now and use periodic scanning with Defender
May I ask what issues have you encountered with Macrium?

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
It seems Acronis had a little "issue" recently. In the thread, Acronis replies directly for "transparency."

Reactions: Dave Russo
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

Acronis strangely forces users to install features, such as antivirus, that they do not want or need. It does have some novel features and during attack testing by Ilya Rabinovich (developer of DefenseWall) it resisted more attack types than Macrium.

Acronis is temperamental and can bork a system. Not seen that happen with Macrium, although it does happen rarely.

Reactions: Dave Russo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.