Advice Request Adblock Detection: How to circumvent

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Browsing the web like normal and I come across this site, when you have an adblocker enabled, it loads up a different page if an Adblocker is detected. My question is; how can a this website (Review about Avast) be circumvented to prevent it loaded a new page when it detects at adblocker?

Full link for website in question: Avast Free Antivirus review: Free of charge, full of features

~LDogg

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Which adblocker are you using? The page loads fine for me in uBlock Origin without any annoyance or adblocker detection. With Adguard extension there's a huge on your face type of cookie notice which can be gotten rid of by subscribing to EasyPrivacy filter list.

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Which adblocker are you using? The page loads fine for me in uBlock Origin without any annoyance or adblocker detection. With Adguard extension there's a huge on your face type of cookie notice which can be gotten rid of by subscribing to EasyPrivacy filter list.
Nano Adblock.

This page comes up after loading the website: Screenshot

It's annoying really, I wanna see what the review says xD

~LDogg

Reactions: Protomartyr

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
That page loads clean and clear here also. I use an anti-adblocking filter in uBlock Origin gotten off github. It has a very naughty title so I ain't posting here. Although I could, but then, where would I go next?

Anyone who wants the link to the raw github .txt, I can message you. Or, maybe some of you have guessed which list I'm referring to. It's seems effective but I also have the EasyList enabled, along with some others. (y)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Nano Adblock.

This page comes up after loading the website: Screenshot

It's annoying really, I wanna see what the review says xD

~LDogg
I think it's time to say farewell to Nano and go with the original uBlock Origin instead.
No ad block message with that and don't add too many filters.

For reference, these are my filters:
Aantekening 2020-04-30 191432.png

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Going to use Adguard a second, see what it's light

~LDogg
I use "only" the extension.
Three options I change are on general: disable "allow search ads and the self-promotion of websites" and "activate of the most appropriate filters automatically" on miscellaneous: I enable "use optimized filters".
A good overview of the extension here:

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I use "only" the extension.
Three options I change are on general: disable "allow search ads and the self-promotion of websites" and "activate of the most appropriate filters automatically" on miscellaneous: I enable "use optimized filters".
A good overview of the extension here:
Still happening even with Adguard, maybe it's Brave?

I'm not sure how to turn this off for adblocking to test it.

~LDogg

Reactions: stefanos

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Still happening even with Adguard, maybe it's Brave?

I'm not sure how to turn this off for adblocking to test it.

~LDogg
Have you cleared all cookies? Any other extension that can interfere? What filters do you use in AdGuard?
Disable Brave shields:
You can’t disable it entirely, but you also shouldn’t have to. If you navigate to Settings --> Default Shields Settings, you can configure Brave to “Allow all” or "not block"whatever you’d like.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

I don't get this pop-up under Android without a Adblocker. Site works without problems.

I use AdGuard DNS

Reactions: stefanos

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.