JoeN

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
May 10, 2011
AdBlocker Ultimate for Windows

home-callout-1.png

Advanced Ad-blocking Technologies
Overcome browser restrictions and use system-level protection, which delivers superior ad-block performance compared to regular ad blockers.

No ads across
the entire PC
Don't settle with just blocking ads in your browser. Spread the ad-free experience across many different applications that you use on a regular basis.

Take back your privacy
Stop invasive online trackers, which expose your personal information to advertisers, data miners and who knows to whom else.

AdBlocker Ultimate - And All Annoying Ads Are OUT!
Enjoy better app performance
Blocking ad content can increase the performance of the applications you use the most.

System Requirements
RAM: 512MB
HDD: 50 MB
An Internet connection is also required for automatic security updates
Supported applications: all browsers, messaging apps and many more

Download AdBlocker For Windows v3.68

Last edited by a moderator:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
As a paid product I would compare them with the cheap adguard (desktop) lifetime licenses that are still available, which makes it hard for me to chose anything else :D

They are russians, and supporting the murderer V.Putin. You are right, the choise is easy as a non egoistic humanitarian ;).

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017

Indingo

Level 1
Jun 15, 2020
They are russians, and supporting the murderer V.Putin. You are right, the choise is easy as a non egoistic humanitarian ;).
If your country and their leader ever does anything bad, let's hope everyone boycotts and deprives you of your living wages, simply because you live in that country. Do you really think the AdGuard people have any impact at all in anything the Russian government does? I consider this a form of racism to be honest with you, as you are literally blacklisting a class or race of people for a reason they have no control over. In fact some of the development team of AdGuard are Ukrainian. You would know this if you used some critical thinking and investigated things before your "emotions" take over, which is how so many people are brainwashed in this day and age, just appeal to emotion and you can get people to do anything.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Having driven a friends 'friet' (french fries) truck to Ukraine in autumn holiday in 2022 to provide Ukranians with typical Dutch fast food for free (patat, frikandel en kroket), I heard numereous sad stories and have developed a strong bias against Putin and the Russian army, but I still refuse to believe all Russians are bad.

I also don't feel that by using AdGuard free I am supporting Putin.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Yes, https websites are filtered (y)
Using root certificate?
If yes, this is the very same reason why I do not use Adguard.

If your country and their leader ever does anything bad, let's hope everyone boycotts and deprives you of your living wages, simply because you live in that country. Do you really think the AdGuard people have any impact at all in anything the Russian government does? I consider this a form of racism to be honest with you, as you are literally blacklisting a class or race of people for a reason they have no control over. In fact some of the development team of AdGuard are Ukrainian. You would know this if you used some critical thinking and investigated things before your "emotions" take over, which is how so many people are brainwashed in this day and age, just appeal to emotion and you can get people to do anything.
My friend it is always complicated. I am from Palestine and it says a lot. So it is in everyone’s benefit to restrain from discussing such matters.

I believe most of the users here at MT have the capacity to make sound decisions without the need to go through mud.

We are living during crazy time, so let us stay cool and enjoy it here while we can.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
As far as i know they are owned by russians
They are, and I fail to see how that's relevant if they're situated (both living as individuals and operating as a company) outside of Russia.

and they do have a close collaboration with Kaspersky.
If they do, I can't find any evidence of it. The only instances of AdGuard and Kaspersky being mentioned together are complaints about their applications conflicting. (Not that their collaboration with Kaspersky would surprise me, nor would it act as evidence that the company supports Putin's invasion of Ukraine.)
They did used to have partnerships with a handful of Russian companies, but those partnerships disappear from their Our Partners section of their website between December 2020 and February 2021.

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
They are, and I fail to see how that's relevant if they're situated (both living as individuals and operating as a company) outside of Russia.

If they do, I can't find any evidence of it. The only instances of AdGuard and Kaspersky being mentioned together are complaints about their applications conflicting. (Not that their collaboration with Kaspersky would surprise me, nor would it act as evidence that the company supports Putin's invasion of Ukraine.)
They did used to have partnerships with a handful of Russian companies, but those partnerships disappear from their Our Partners section of their website between December 2020 and February 2021.

Anything that could benefit russia should be ruled out. I uninstalled Adguard and installed uBlock when the war broke out.

Adblocker ultimate looks interesting and i wish them luck! If i would not be satisfied with uBlock i could consider it.

Reactions: KonradPL

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.