New Update AdBlocker Ultimate for Windows

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
I used AdGuard for Windows, (lifetime) lately I've had issues with it to the degree so I've been using extensions instead - I've used Adblocker Ultimate for Windows & I really like it & will likely but it when the trial expires, we are all different. I can't really say why & it's not political but this program really sits well with me - I'm fortunate in being British & have a faultless past & if we wanted a country we asked nicely & they always said yes! Hence we had the largest empire ever - Lot to apologise for I think.

JoeN

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
May 10, 2011
BLOCK ALL ANNOYING ADS, ONLINE TRACKERS AND MALICIOUS CONTENT
Special Deal Save 85% Off Today
Now only $1 *
Regular $6.99
Auto-Renewal conditions

Subscription
If you have purchased a Subscription, at the end of the initial period, you agree that your Subscription is automatically renewed for an identical period (1 month or 1 year as the case may be) and at the undiscounted renewal price (applicable taxes not included). The period of validity of the subscription begins with the confirmation of the order.

Renewals will occur on the anniversary date of purchase on a monthly or annual basis (as per your initial purchase plan). This principle applies by default, with the exception of special promotions at the time of the initial purchase, for which the renewal price or the renewal period may change. These special conditions will be clearly stated during your initial purchase. In case of annual subscription you will receive at least one email informing you of the imminent automatic renewal of your Subscription.

At any time, you can cancel your Subscription from your Customer account in the "My Account" section. The cancellation only takes effect from the expiry date of the current subscription period.

Reactions: Sorrento

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Used the free trial, really disappointed, what a pity, i hoped to get a free license by translating it.
It missed to block a lot, some it blocked so much that the sites did not work. Went back to the problem free and very competent Ublock Origin.

JoeN

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
May 10, 2011
Used the free trial, really disappointed, what a pity, i hoped to get a free license by translating it.
It missed to block a lot, some it blocked so much that the sites did not work. Went back to the problem free and very competent Ublock Origin.
Please provide examples of these websites, I'd love to check them out...

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Of course, I don't want to upset you but I'm fluent in Russian (in addition to Slovak and Hebrew) and AdGuard almost always was looking for employees (developers) only in Russia and in Moscow office with very rare exceptions. On the English site they can write anything, but here are their open vacancies on the Russian site Вакансии компании AdGuard - работа в Москве - and they do not even offer remote work, only in the office :) And having a registration in Cyprus is the most popular way in Russia to avoid taxes, and nowadays even try to pretend that you are not from Russia.

I'm not suggesting that you should refuse to use AdGuard, I'm just giving information on the actual state of things.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Thanks for the links. I don't speak Russian but Google translate helps.

In the Netherlands there are 5 to 6 vacancies for every working 1000 FTE (people employed for 40 hours a week = full time equivalent in NL). In the IT sector this number is 10 times that high, so 5 to 6 vacancies for every 100 people employed. On the link Cyberdevil provided, there are 8 job vacancies for AdGuard''s Moscow office (see picture below). Considering they have 120 employees, this would indicate a 6.6% vacancy ratio. Six to seven job vacancies for an IT company with 120 employees reflects a healthy (double digit) growing company. So it makes sense that most (or all) of AdGuard's employees are working in Russia (this background check supports CyberDevil's claim)

1678623508912.png

Also the Cyprus story is true, Russians could even buy EU-passports (Cyprus) when they had enough money until EU made Cyprus block that option.

Mhh this changes my opinion on AdGuard a bit. Yes they have a Cyprus office, but the reasons behind is probably tax related. (n)

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.