New Update AdBlocker Ultimate for Windows

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Without at least a change log this thread reads like an math game.
v4.2.14.0 was out on tuesday, v4.2.16.0 was out on friday. When will be v4.2.22.0 out?

They also have the most generic change log I have seen in a long time. When a dev updates his software I would expect a change log with some details. It shouldn't read like every version change log before that.

Just look at e.g uBlock Origin how a change log could/should look like.

JoeN

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
May 10, 2011
I've been using this program and I'm very satisfied. Unlike uBlock, AdBlocker Ultimate also blocks windows telemetry and has a lot of tricky features like Ghost Mode. While others have struggled on YouTube, AdBlocker Ultimate has not caused problems while using that site. Another thing is the ability to disable its own telemetry. Overall, in my opinion, this app is what I expect for this type of tool.

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
Without at least a change log this thread reads like an math game.
v4.2.14.0 was out on tuesday, v4.2.16.0 was out on friday. When will be v4.2.22.0 out?

They also have the most generic change log I have seen in a long time. When a dev updates his software I would expect a change log with some details. It shouldn't read like every version change log before that.
You are right, but maybe they don't have a lot communicate on their releases? They just update the bare necessary it seems (remember it is a fork of old AdGuard). Better stick to the original IMO

1710069213010.png

For comparison
1710069482015.png

JoeN

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
May 10, 2011

JoeN

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
May 10, 2011
This app works perfectly and does not slow down the Internet speed. I'm wondering why AdGuard slows down the internet, I've come across a lot of complains about it.

Reactions: Dave Russo

LennyFox

Level 7
Jan 18, 2024
Well that is a factual of at least 1 observation. Considering the number of users of AG, do you consider that a fact or a blimp? (I am having my doubts on the statistical relevance : link :) )

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.