- Apr 24, 2016
The rise of creepy AI surveillance, ChatGPT’s first leak, and more ads. AdGuard’s digest
In this edition of AdGuard’s news digest: ChatGPT exposes personal data, Instagram adds even more ads, a CIA-funded firm manages patient records, France is close to allowing AI-based surveillance, another US state gets its own privacy law, while police are increasingly turning to facial recognition tech.
- ChatGPT leaks chats and payment info in first major data breach
- Instagram is giving you something no one asked for: more ads
- UK hospitals reportedly told to share data with US spytech firm
Liberté, égalité, surveillance: France is legalizing AI-powered monitoring system
- US police increasingly rely on facial recognition tech
- Another US state now has comprehensive data privacy law
AI-powered tools are here to stay, as are AI-related privacy and security issues, including data leaks and invasive surveillance. Read about the darker side of AI in our latest news digest.