Battle Adguard Chrome Extension vs Adguard for Desktop

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Thanks @mlnevese
And what are the best parameters, filters ?
Are default settings enough for a good protection ?

That really depends on what you want Adguard to do. If it's just ad filtering then default is enough, although I normally increase how often it checks for filter updates. If you want it to help in privacy as well then activate stealth mode. It will automatically activate filters for other languages if you visit any site with a language it has a filter for.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

The main advantage of Adguard (Desktop) is that he remove the ads before the page is loaded, so no silly white empty square in the middle of the page, and it is system wide so no need addong extensions on every browser you use.

vaccineboy

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Sep 5, 2018
FYI, AdGuard is working on DNS component for its desktop version, which will feature secure DNS and DNS filter, just like in Android version. ETA unknown, but it's work-in-progress.
You can use currently available free tools such as Simple DNScrypt and hosts file to achieve the same, but it's good to have all combined under 1 roof.

Mithul

Jul 1, 2022
I'd stick with the browser extension if I were you. There's very little reason to spring for the desktop application if you're only going to be blocking ads in Chrome, not to mention the desktop application costs money and slows page load times enough to be noticeable.
Yes...you are right! Adguard app slows down page loading remarkably.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.