AdGuard Info Needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
No need, the issue is on the different level, I even think that excluding AG in KES changes anything.

Yep, that's how they filter network traffic.
So its better to keep WFP driver option disabled in AdGuard with KES installed, right?

Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Either this or turn off SSL scan in Kaspersky.
I use Kaspersky Endpoint Security & there is no SSL scan in Kaspersky Endpoint Security.
So does this means I can safely enable Adguard WFP Driver option with Kaspersky Endpoint Security installed?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Yes, the issue exists with SSL scan only.
How does Adguard determine to enable/disable WFP Driver option?

Like I have Kaspersky Endpoint & it doesn't have SSL scan so why WFP Driver option was disabled in Adguard?

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
Like I have Kaspersky Endpoint & it doesn't have SSL scan so why WFP Driver option was disabled in Adguard?

It simply detects Kaspersky products by the process name when AG is installed. It does not dynamically disables WFP so if you install AG before Kaspersky, WFP driver will be enabled.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
It simply detects Kaspersky products by the process name when AG is installed. It does not dynamically disables WFP so if you install AG before Kaspersky, WFP driver will be enabled.
So wont that be a prob for Kaspersky Internet Security users or Adguard users?

And in one of your posts in this thread, you have mentioned the prob is specific with Kaspersky & Eset products coz of their WFP drivers.

What about other products like Avast, etc... that do HTTPS scan?
I mean Avast or any software with HTTPS scan install their certs & Adguard installs its certs for HTTPS scan, what happens when 2 or more certs are there for HTTPS scan?

Last edited by a moderator:

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
So wont that be a prob for Kaspersky Internet Security users or Adguard users?

Yep, there could be an issue. That's why we want to implement some kind of a compatibility check.
But more than that we want a new network driver with all these incompatibilities resolved:). It's just not easy.

What about other products like Avast, etc... that do HTTPS scan?
I mean Avast or any software with HTTPS scan install their certs & Adguard installs its certs for HTTPS scan, what happens when 2 or more certs are there for HTTPS scan?

No issues with Avast. HTTPS scan problem is just a consequence of another issue. Let me tell you the details then.

The problem with them is that to function properly we have to change the drivers order. If we don't do it some connections will stuck due to an old WFP bug which is not handled in their drivers.

In normal situation the drivers sequence looks like this:
Incoming packet
Network --> Adguard driver -> Other driver --> Browser
Outgoing packet
Browser --> Other driver -> Adguard driver --> Network

To overcome that issue we have to change the order:
Incoming packet
Network --> Other driver -> Adguard driver --> Browser
Outgoing packet
Browser --> Other driver -> Adguard driver --> Network

The problem with this drivers order is that it breaks SSL handshake (Adguard expects to get an answer from remote server but it gets an answer from KIS driver and vice versa).

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I am noticing Adguard at times does slow down browsing. When you look on the browser status bar, you see "waiting for local.adguard.com".

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Of course, it scan the page before loading it...

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
I am noticing Adguard at times does slow down browsing. When you look on the browser status bar, you see "waiting for local.adguard.com".

local.adguard.com is a virtual domain, in fact there is no remote connection. I remember you use KES, I wonder if there's any connection?

Could you please try the latest beta and see if it happens again? We've made some important changes in the network filtering code, it could also solve this issue.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
There is no, nor have I ever experienced any slowdown caused by Adguard.
It simply is one of the best products I have ever invested in.
To me that's the scary part, it's almost too good :)
Adguard Dev's RoCk

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.