AdGuard Info Needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
local.adguard.com is a virtual domain, in fact there is no remote connection. I remember you use KES, I wonder if there's any connection?

Could you please try the latest beta and see if it happens again? We've made some important changes in the network filtering code, it could also solve this issue.
I dont have any prob. And no slow down here too.

I mentioned occasionally I see websites takes longer & browser status bar shows waiting for the local.adguard.

Reactions: Logethica

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
I mentioned occasionally I see websites takes longer & browser status bar shows waiting for the local.adguard.

This virtual domain is used to load AG styles and scripts (AG assistant for instance). It's hard to say why it could show that waiting message. Maybe when it loads updated styles for the first time (after that browser caches the response and next time it takes no time to load).

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
This virtual domain is used to load AG styles and scripts (AG assistant for instance). It's hard to say why it could show that waiting message. Maybe when it loads updated styles for the first time (after that browser caches the response and next time it takes no time to load).
I only use default English filter. Have disabled automatic activate language specific filters & disabled AG assistant i.e disabled Extensions.

And for HTTPS I have enabled Filter HTTPS protocol & enabled Do not filter websites with EV certs.
Occasionally I get an error on websites. And I always get that error for Comodo forum website. Try again & websites loads fine.
Attached are the screenshots, error & waiting for local.adguard

Attachments

• scr.png
    scr.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 500
  • scr.png
    scr.png
    48 KB · Views: 502
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Logethica

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
Occasionally I get an error on websites. And I always get that error for Comodo forum website.

Yeah, that's a known issue of the current EV exclusion implementation, we'll fix it eventually.

You see, when AG detected that the certificate is EV, https filtering is already half-started, so the only way to stop it is to reset current connection. But that's not all, the second issue with it is that EV sites cache is cleaned on protection restart and because of that you see this error so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.