New Update AdGuard v7.11 for Windows: ARM support, AdGuard VPN tab, DoH filtering, and more

Jan Willy

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
The YouTube ads came back today, things were working until I went outside to jog, I left Microsoft Edge open, and when I got back; YouTube ads were trying to come through again and Malwarebytes Browser Guard had to block them.

So I disabled Malwarebytes Browser Guard, checked for Adguard updates & filter updates, refreshed my browser tab, opened up a new YouTube video in a different tab, and some ads were still coming through.

I might save or send an Adguard log to Adguard before I uninstall Adguard, and go back to uBlock Origin combined with Malwarebytes Browser Guard; I have Adguard lifetime licenses, so I can always come back & try it again in the future off & on to see if it improves & to report issues.
You could try this very small filterlist: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LennyFox/Blocklists/master/videos.txt

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
The YouTube ads came back today, things were working until I went outside to jog, I left Microsoft Edge open, and when I got back; YouTube ads were trying to come through again and Malwarebytes Browser Guard had to block them.

So I disabled Malwarebytes Browser Guard, checked for Adguard updates & filter updates, refreshed my browser tab, opened up a new YouTube video in a different tab, and some ads were still coming through.

I might save or send an Adguard log to Adguard before I uninstall Adguard, and go back to uBlock Origin combined with Malwarebytes Browser Guard; I have Adguard lifetime licenses, so I can always come back & try it again in the future off & on to see if it improves & to report issues.
I think that you should try re-installing Adguard. If I recall correctly you can save your settings to shorten the process, but I can't remember how this works.

Nobody else here has commented to say that they have the same Edge + Adguard combination where YT ads are getting through, although that is not a very scientific survey I think someone would have stuck their hand up in response to your initial question on MT by now. It strikes me that there may be an issue with the install on your device. It seems worth a try to me.

Reactions: Nevi and goodjohnjr

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
I think that you should try re-installing Adguard. If I recall correctly you can save your settings to shorten the process, but I can't remember how this works.

Nobody else here has commented to say that they have the same Edge + Adguard combination where YT ads are getting through, although that is not a very scientific survey I think someone would have stuck their hand up in response to your initial question on MT by now. It strikes me that there may be an issue with the install on your device. It seems worth a try to me.
I just wanted to share that here & at the Adguard Forums before I uninstall Adguard, I did submit my logs to Adguard so that they can at least have that data.

I just uninstalled Adguard on Android as well because my battery life has dropped a lot since installing it, and I am back to using Adguard DNS Public Default server as my Private DNS instead.

Thanks for responding.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Some good news though, Adguard started back working again today, for now at least, I exited it with plans to uninstall it, when I decided to just start it again, and try again; and it started back working again, for now.
You dont need to uninstall adguard, you can go to settings > network > https filter > reinstall certificate

Atleast it has worked for me twice in the past

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
You dont need to uninstall adguard, you can go to settings > network > https filter > reinstall certificate

Atleast it has worked for me twice in the past
Thanks for sharing that, I might try that the next time it happens, I had just installed Adguard For Windows for the first time and installed the certificate for the first time right before the update.

I was able to get it working again yesterday, for now at least, after exiting Adguard & opening it again after checking for updates & filter updates again.

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Maybe Adguiard isn't for you. Have you tried NextDns? The only thing against it is no https filtering (maybe a positive depending on how you look at the issue) and lack of custom lists but the lists available are good. 300,000 free queries a month for the free plan which is plenty. I'm looking forward to BF deals to see if they offer a discount for their pro plan.

Reactions: Stopspying

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Maybe Adguiard isn't for you. Have you tried NextDns? The only thing against it is no https filtering (maybe a positive depending on how you look at the issue) and lack of custom lists but the lists available are good. 300,000 free queries a month for the free plan which is plenty. I'm looking forward to BF deals to see if they offer a discount for their pro plan.
I am not sure if you are talking to me or not, but I have not tried NextDNS yet because of the limit for the free version & because I usually use the free Adguard DNS Public Default servers which have no limit in my router & on Android et cetera; but thank you for sharing that.

I am trying out Adguard For Windows for the first time now that I have 9 lifetime licenses that I bought for under $30, you can not beat that kind of deal, I do not have to have it, but I was curious to test it out for the first time now that I finally bought it & can use it for life whenever I want.

Furthermore, I have used Adguard's free products off and on for years, like I do with a variety of free things, trying to find the best free options available to me at any given time that I can also recommend to others; as I try to keep my layered security setup up-to-date & balanced for current threats.

uBlock Origin in the web browser & Brave Browser's built-in filtering are still the best that I have used so far, with fewer problems, better filters enabled on default, and easier to use than Adguard; and Malwarebytes Browser Guard, Quad9 DNS & CleanBrowsing DNS, et cetera are all better at blocking malware / grayware websites than Adguard.

Adguard products are in third place for me in those areas, so I check on them from time to time to see its progress, report issues, et cetera.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

AdGuard for Windows 7.11.3

Release date: November 21, 2022

A small fraction of users with encrypted DNS encountered a problem — the app wouldn’t start. We detected this problem quickly and are releasing an immediate hotfix. Also, we updated DNS stamps for DNSCrypt, along with CoreLibs and DnsLibs.

Changelog​

• [Enhancement] CoreLibs updated to v1.10.139 #4490
  • [Enhancement] DnsLibs updated to v2.0.58 #4489
  • [Fixed] Fail starting AdGuard v7.11.2 with the encrypted DNS enabled #4488

AdGuard for Windows 7.11.2

Release date: November 16, 2022

In this patch we've fixed the import of settings as well as minor bugs and updated CoreLibs and DnsLibs.

Changelog​

• [Enhancement] Updated CoreLibs to v1.10.135 #4482
  • [Enhancement] Updated DnsLibs to v2.0.56 #4483
  • [Fixed] Error when importing settings #4473
  • [Fixed] Rules with $dnstype aren't possible to add #4477

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.