Advice Request AdGuard, which filter lists?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
When you block third-party cookies then it makes not much sense to use AdGuard stealt mode, so I agee with @Gandalf_The_Grey .

Adguard's trick to set an explicit expiration date on every third-party cookie (similar to exploding cookies) was an elegant way to circumvent website breakage and limit your tracks. Chrome announced the depreciation of third-party cookies, most advertising services started to provide alternatives. So less websites depend on third-party cookies to function, This is why Gandalf has to set exceptions for only a few websites.

I doubt that the referer information is blocked (it is in the header, not a param) and I am also unsure about the search search words are bing filtered in AG URL param filter (I thought they covered only advertising and campaign tracking stuff, not actual data being parsed in the URL)
The main issue for me is problems with iDeal payments. That is a deal breaker for stealth mode.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I doubt that the referer information is blocked (it is in the header, not a param) and I am also unsure about the search search words are being filtered out with AG URL param filter (I thought they covered only advertising and campaign tracking parameters, not actual data being parsed in the URL).
I believe you're correct, though my technical knowledge is limited.

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
I am using less than 3000 rules total in AdGuard Mv3, you obvious are someone who likes to think that it does not hurt to try, so I won't say it is really over the top, but only suggest to keep the setup with two modifactions (because your selection can hardly be called a selection :) }
View attachment 278192
Filters above "adblock warning revomal list" are set on yes?

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Filters above "adblock warning revomal list" are set on yes?
When the PC users logs into websites or does online shopping and does not know how to make exceptions, I would not select
- removing adblock warnings
- annoyance filters
- cookie removal filters

Since you already had selected them I assumed you had made an assessment of the website breakage risk using/enabling above filter lists categories.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexai

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 12, 2023
When the PC users logs into websites or does online shopping and does not know how to make exceptions, I would not select
- removing adblock warnings
- annoyance filters
- cookie removal filters

Since you already had selected them I assumed you had made an assessment of the website breakage risk using/enabling above filter lists categories.
Ok, then, I put chrome on my vm, and test some filters, cause I'm a bit confused 😅

I added bitdefender traffic light, to have the tick near links in search engine duckgo. I think it can help her.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.