Advice Request Advanced System Care By IObit detected by Malwarebytes as PUP. Is it really a PUP?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
i would not get to excited about iobits advanced system care 10, i have been using it for three yrs or more and its great software, never had a problem and malawarebytes i have had for over 4 yrs now and would not have a pc without it installed, if it pick up iobits system care as pup or whatever my simple messsage is don't worry about it, you can also set malawarebytes to ignore it to as i did, if you want a clean system both of these software's are great, i also use bitdefender ante virus 2017 my pc runs great and just to mention if your having trouble with slow restarts etc then you should most definitely install advanced system care 10 and no i do not work for these software companies just saying that the experience i have with them are great -no problems what so ever .
Happy they are for you, they are just not for everyone.
The point is your happy ;)

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Your choice. A PuP is a Potentially unwanted program, From personal experience ASC only makes your computer worse and is a no go in terms of optimisation software for me. This is only my opinion though, I'd advise uninstall and use a better program if you were looking for optimisation, otherwise if you don't know how it got there than uninstall anyways because you never know whether it's a legit copy.
What better program would you recommend for optimisation?

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
What better program would you recommend for optimisation?
Don't blindly apply Windows Speedup reg file because it makes PC very fast and clicking or unclicking will be disaster on modern PCs. It was very fast and frustrating. If you're interested I'll put up a screenshot of which tweaks I use.

• Wow
Reactions: RXZ6Q

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Don't blindly apply Windows Speedup reg file because it makes PC very fast and clicking or unclicking will be disaster on modern PCs. It was very fast and frustrating. If you're interested I'll put up a screenshot of which tweaks I use.
That seems very interesting. Thanks for sharing! But, excuse me, I can't seem to find what exactly does it do.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
That seems very interesting. Thanks for sharing! But, excuse me, I can't seem to find what exactly does it do.
Registry entries to disable/enable certain components, add new features, tweak Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/10.
These are the few tweaks I use:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.