Ahnlab V3 Lite in English!

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Like @Mahesh Sudula said, AV companies focus on their customers and where most of them live. Threats in the Asia/Pacific region are different from threats in the US or Europe. But I'm excited to see them releasing an English version. I would probably use it if I wasn't on a Chromebook.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
How can international customers buy the premium version if the site is only in Korean language?
You can buy Ahnlab's products including V3 365 Clnic and V3 Internet Security from Gmarket. It's a Korean site, but they sell and ship the boxed versions of Ahnlab's products globally.

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
You can buy Ahnlab's products including V3 365 Clnic and V3 Internet Security from Gmarket. It's a Korean site, but they sell and ship the boxed versions of Ahnlab's products globally.
Do they offer software updates to international customers? If I buy a boxed version of Ahnlab and install the software, but I live in Europe, will my software update regularly?

Reactions: DDE_Server

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Hey guys, I will stop temporally (for a while) testing Kaspersky, and will publish some malware tests with AhnLab 3 Lite Free in the Hub, just testing the last @silversurfer malware pack from yesterday, results coming soon...
Hi thanks for that change:) If possible test Ahn lab premium due to better performance and accurate analysis..else
Try 2- 3 samples with both and compare the results :)

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
Hey guys, I will stop temporally (for a while) testing Kaspersky, and will publish some malware tests with AhnLab 3 Lite Free in the Hub, just testing the last @silversurfer malware pack from yesterday, results coming soon...

Great Harlan!
I did a minor test on my own and it was mediocre at best against a few new 0-days (97) that I got my hands on.
It left 47 files after real time and scan, compared to SAP APEX who only left 1 file.

I think I will bail on this one, curious what you will find out thou.

/W

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
@harlan4096 You can download both V3 Internet and Endpoint Security 9.0 from their Korean site.

You need to create a free acount at the website to be able to download them. It's not too hard to do with Google Translate.
He is right ..it will download an installer
that installs full updated version..
However the thing i most liked about ahnlab: It is impossible to install Ahnlab trial again on the same system..some linking with mac address with the server..intelligently engineered. even though i tried to change the physical Mac address even then it failed.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
However the thing i most liked about ahnlab: It is impossible to install Ahnlab trial again on the same system..some linking with mac address with the server..intelligently engineered. even though i tried to change the physical Mac address even then it failed.
I had the same issue too and also wasn't able to resolve it.

sg09

Level 2
Verified
Apr 3, 2019
V3 Lite seems to turn off protection for a moment during database update installation, and Action center notifies in every such instances that both V3 Lite and Windows Defender are turned off. I never got such messages when MBAM premium was registered to the action center. I haven't used other database-based antimalware in a while. Anyone experienced the same with other antimalware?

Can malware get installed during those moments?

Can malware get installed during those moments?
Update: It seems that V3 Lite's real time protection has a bug. When you try to disable it manually, it sends info to the Action Center that it has turned off but isn't actually turn off and continues to detect malware/false-positive. So, it is likely that the notifications I was getting about the protection turning off during update is not worthy of consideration, or is it?
Source: Wilders Security Thread

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.