Alternatives to CCleaner

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
For years I had been a loyal user of CCleaner. But since Avast acquired them it has become too intrusive specially the latest version. The ads are too aggressive. Plus there have been a recent report of a security breach. So I'm looking for good alternatives. So far Bleachbit and Privazer are the ones I found but they don't have any registry cleaner. Are there any other good alternatives?

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Wise tools are pretty nice. Disk and Registry cleaner, I use both as portable apps with the PortableApps launcher. And just like CCleaner, they don't clean more than they should so they are reliable long term tools. I hate those that want to clean more than the rest and just end up #####ing up the system. Been using CCleaner and Wise for years and never had any issues with them long term which is rare with these sorts of cleaners. Sure, Wise doesn't clean the most, but it does enough to keep your system clean and shiny while not overdoing it.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I highly recommend Wise Disk Cleaner. It's safe to use and because it can clean data from a large numer of 3rd party applications, it can free up more space than CCleaner does. Also, you can schedule it to run weekly for example.

I don't recommend Wise Care 365, as while its included tweaks are safe, its registry cleaner will sometimes want to delete needed registry keys. Wise Disk Cleaner, clean just as much junk, much does not include a registry cleaner. I know you are looking for a registry cleaner, but usually there is no need to ever clean the registry.

If you insist on cleaning the registry, Auslogics Registry Cleaner is a good choice, as it will never delete needed registry keys. It is safe to enable every scan category except for Missing Software.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I have found 'Clean Space' is first class, maybe the most through browser cleaner Ive used & causes no problems, a good alternative is Wise 365~
I like it, but I wish they would change it to show the amount of junk it finds in megabytes rather than bytes. I suggested this to them a while back and was told that it would be changed, but they could not give me any idea of when it would happen.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I like it, but I wish they would change it to show the amount of junk it finds in megabytes rather than bytes. I suggested this to them a while back and was told that it would be changed, but they could not give me any idea of when it would happen.
I've made a couple of suggestions such as cutting down the steps to clean & mabe close the program after completion but I fear the wheels turn slowly at Cyrbo :)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Yes but you obviously are not paranoid :):cool:
Yes, but i have been. Lately just been thinking, less 3rd party = more privacy & smoother pc

I dont have problems running anything on my pc, but only thing i really need is geek uninstaller to uninstall windows junk ( doable throught powershell) and comodo firewall to pair with Windows defender ( incase someone than me downloads something suspicious)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.