Advice Request Alternatives to Shadow Defender

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Do any of you guys have some good alternatives to Shadow Defender? I like Shadow Defender but I think the developer has abandoned this software because there is only 1 update in 2018 and no more update after that or any sign that this software and developer is alive.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Rollback RX vs Shadow Defender

Some alternatives here

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
@SumTingWong ...stay with SD....if we talk about LV apps you will not find a piece of software that is more stable, efficient and secure than SD. No matters how long we have the last build...as I know its protection is still unbreakable.
Second that.
I never had any issue with SD, runs smooth and reliable.
The lifetime lic is definitely worth the price.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
@SumTingWong ...stay with SD....if we talk about LV apps you will not find a piece of software that is more stable, efficient and secure than SD. No matters how long we have the last build...as I know its protection is still unbreakable.
Second that.
I never had any issue with SD, runs smooth and reliable.
The lifetime lic is definitely worth the price.

I don't feel confidence using unsupported product. It probably has some vulnerabilities or exploits or bugs haven't fixed yet.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
I don't feel confidence using unsupported product. It probably has some vulnerabilities or exploits or bugs haven't fixed yet.
Yuo have to know that every application...even security...has vulnerabilities but sometimes we only don't know where. Years ago...probably somwhere on Wilders...one of user have said that SD is "the best piece of code ever created" and thru the 9-10 years of using it I'm stick to this statement. Of cource you can be affraid so it's your decision...allways.
:cool:

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
I did a trick to replace SSD hardisk into another PC to save the hassle of installing all software again. Now the system restore is still on the SSD on which the original Win10 OS was and Windows image backup does not find other harddisks (while there are 2 HD), so ....

I am thinking to install Rolback RX home. What advices and experiences are forum members willing to share on Rollback RX home (free)?

Sfinley

May 6, 2016
I did a trick to replace SSD hardisk into another PC to save the hassle of installing all software again. Now the system restore is still on the SSD on which the original Windows 10 OS was and Windows image backup does not find other harddisks (while there are 2 HD), so ....

I am thinking to install Rolback RX home. What advices and experiences are forum members willing to share on Rollback RX home (free)?
I am using the paid version for 3 years and never a problem, never needed tech support. It does what it advertises and does it well. I take snapshots all the time and revert to any previous time with ease. I´m pretty sure the Home version will work just as well.

brigantes

Level 1
Jun 22, 2020

Shadow Defender and products like it do not often receive updates except for perhaps 1 or 2 every couple of years. On top of that, none of the developers are going to spend the time nor money chasing down vulnerabilities as this class of product is niche with tiny user bases.

You are not going to find any product in this class that you will find acceptable.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.