RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Lol.

Trump's paranoia is worse than me with my 12 on-demand scanners. If you do not believe one of the most serious and known security firms in the world does not spy on you, with what that implicates (spying US goverment probably would create international conflict=war), then you can trust nobody in terms of security. WIll he just ban everything foreign on the country? I'll start packing my things just in case he bans tacos.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Ideally, if you are the American government, you want all your information going to the NSA, thus using American OS, AV, hardware and so forth.

THIS!

Does this mean every other govt. in the world should remove Trend Micro from their list since Trend Micro and the NSA share the same Cyber Lab? Should that list be extended to McAfee and Norton? I think it should.

If I was president of a non-US country I wouldn't let my govt. touch a single piece of US Security Software. I might even extend that to hardware given the CISCO TAO, Juniper Backdoors and so forth.

When you are in a glass house, you shouldn't throw rocks.. Throwing rocks at Kaspersky when there is literally ZERO evidence of any issue with it is ridiculous. Especially when you consider it isn't even rumor that Trend Micro and the NSA share data centers, analysts and cyber intelligence. Which I find even more ridiculous, and I find it very classy people like Kaspersky aren't running around screaming about how compromised McAfee and Trend are..

Does anyone else wonder if all of this is really just to get US Firms onto the US Intel Matrix? After all, they can't compel Kaspersky to backdoor their product for the US Intel Cartels, or siphon off telemetry from it. What better way to encourage people to stay with what they can spy on appropriately. I should look into Kaspersky now, this might mean it's the most secure non-default-deny option.. :p

Edit: Remember, Snowden+Vault7 leaks = US Intel talking about backdooring, infiltrating and/or reverse engineering AV products... Seems to me an agenda is here far beyond what they are stating. Maybe their mad the DNC actually switched to Kaspersky after the hack? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Heck this has me thinking I should dust off my unused Kaspersky licenses. If Forticlient+VS wasn't running so perfectly, I would consider it.

Anything the US Govt. recommends - I avoid. Anything they warn against, is probably something you should look at.. It sounds insane, but based on history, who wouldn't be this way? You know, drinking fluoride all day is good, they told us so, they dumped it in our water. Nah, when that happened I switched to a reverse osmosis system ASAP.

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hahaha! 2 BIG ones, US & Russia....

US want's to participate every conflict in every country doesn't matter what is the case, they just do it! because they are so huge , rich and want to rule every area in whole damn universum!

But, there are of course exception's, like country's who has a lot of oil so they are rich so must be friendly then...

Do'h!! What a heck is my point, once again dispensable spam from me, haha!

But fact is money rule the world! Even just born baby's know that! More money more power!

Yeah and this sh*t works every part of area, was it Computer's, nuclear weapon , anything!!

U12SouQ.png

World needs more peeps like Snowden!!! Maybe/or its just a matter of time new huge reveal/scandal happen, waiting for that. Until then, stay safe and choose your security vendor and choose you OS!!! :wink: wink:

E - And every US peeps, here do not take me so seriously, but just see what happen around the world...not always so visible ;) U know, i know.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Hahaha! 2 BIG ones, US & Russia....

US want's to participate every conflict in every country doesn't matter what is the case, they just do it! because they are so huge , rich and want to rule every area in whole damn universum!.

Bro, most of us in the US agree with you.. Don't mistake our hideous govt., corrupt/manipulative intel cartels and fake news as the real USA. That's not us..

It's funny, the US goes insane over China opening their first overseas military base today.. The US military has EIGHT HUNDRED overseas military bases yet our infrastructure is crumbling, our govt. is hopelessly corrupt, we're in dangerous times with a shadow govt, they can't even properly pass a smart health-care bill. It's all a mess.. But hey, Russia is the bogey man and China is scary building one base, right? Most of us here in the US I talk to think it's pathetic, all of it.

Where in the World Is the U.S. Military?

Anyway, back on topic.. Sorry. BTW, Snowden and other leakers are basically heroes to me and most people I know..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Huh, Kaspersky is a trusted vendor and i wonder if their products contains trojan horse :p. I also like Kaspersky because of their ui and good on protection and performance.:)

It is very important that the integrity must be maintained regardless if the product is perform in excellent stage; cause this will find as a weakest point if not defended through different allegations.

Reactions: MWNu72 and AtlBo

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I believe any Government should not be using any foreign made Anti-Virus unless they absolutely need to. C'mon US using Russian made Anti-Virus when they have McAfee (which i believe the DoD is still under contract with) and Symantec. Russia using US made Anti-Virus instead of Kaspersky which in my opinion outweighs McAfee and Symantec in protection. That would be like Japan using Qihoo 360 and China using Trend Micro. Just does not make any sense. Only another reason for one side to attack the other as we can see with the US Government (and maybe MS) picking on Kaspersky and their supposed Kremlin ties.

At least for now the Government cant stop anyone in the US from using Kaspersky products. They only advise not to and for no Government agency to use it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.