This is actually a very good idea. Immunet maybe light, but it certainly does not offer good enough protection. Any AV offers good protection however if you use sensible browser habits.If you use Immunet, maybe you can add Hard_Configurator to improve zero-day protection
Discuss - Hard_Configurator - Windows Hardening Configurator
Hard_Configurator is more secure, but SysHardener is easier to use.Is there any big difference between syshardener and hardconfigurator?
Just as a point of clarification, @Slyguy's recommended tweaks are for Panda Dome Advanced.after reading some posts about immunet and nano antivirus, I'm sure now to stay for longer time with my config.
Immunet seems still to be buggy and there is no big experience in our forum about nano av.
After testing the last months, i made a conclusion for my system:
stable and light: Syshardener + AVG free or Syshardener + Panda Dome IS ( tweaks by @Slyguy )
thx for all advices and sharing your experience
I tried it recently this combo. Is perfect. After 2 days you will see how light is this combo.On weekend I have spent a bit time and tested some av's
- McAfee Antivirus plus 2019 -> light, but 10 processes and ugly GUI
- Win Defender with Configuration Tool + Syshardener + OSArmor -> hard FPS drops in games
Now i'm trying new the lightest combo i've found:
removed: AVG free ( and the nasty hidden Overseer programm)
added: Webroot Antivirus + Voodooshield free (Autopilot Mode) + Syshardener (default)
is it ok for you or concerns?
I remember reading in the past that the FW was difficult to uninstall, it left a lot of remnants, etc. We can wait and see what your experience is with it.removed: Panda Dome free
added: Zonealarm Free Antivirus + Firewall
my new combo with NVT Syshardener and Voodooshield free
That’s a very solid combo! And very affordable.in the last 3 days I was bored and tested some av's..
1. Immunet....terrible new version. No chance for a scan without clam av engine....lost connection to the cloud.
Deinstallation was a horror trip...uninstaller can't stop the processes and no chance to stop it manually
I must use a backup to restore my system. Never again i will use this unstable product
2. Webroot AV....whats going on? I cant believe it....the new version 18.104.22.168 brakes my system..programs are delayed on first run
3. Avast free....more and more complex with the old and new interface. and i found a bug. if i turn on "hardened mode agressive" in the old menu,
it's unchecked in the new menu but i like the lightness...maybe i'll come backe later
4.Zone Alarm free AV....It was not heavy on my system and seems to be strong with their learning firewall. I'm impressed
But no tweaks for more lightness in the free version...cant find a cheap offer, so i kicked it
Deinstallation was easy if you read in their forum. you should uncheck "start with windows", then reboot und the rest is fine.
5. my surprise...the windows defender is light now after a full system scan. I don't know if the exclusions for game folders
are just exclusions for scans or for realtime protection too??? But actually i like the WD
So, my new combo: NVT Syshardener + Voodooshield free + WD (tweaked with ConfigureDefender by @Andy Ful)