Razer Ornata

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Is there any big difference between syshardener and hardconfigurator?

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Is there any big difference between syshardener and hardconfigurator?
Hard_Configurator is more secure, but SysHardener is easier to use.
You can read some comparison here:

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
after reading some posts about immunet and nano antivirus, I'm sure now to stay for longer time with my config.
Immunet seems still to be buggy and there is no big experience in our forum about nano av.
After testing the last months, i made a conclusion for my system:

stable and light: Syshardener + AVG free or Syshardener + Panda AC ( tweaks by @ForgottenSeer 58943 )
thx for all advices and sharing your experience (y):emoji_beer:

Last edited:

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
after reading some posts about immunet and nano antivirus, I'm sure now to stay for longer time with my config.
Immunet seems still to be buggy and there is no big experience in our forum about nano av.
After testing the last months, i made a conclusion for my system:

stable and light: Syshardener + AVG free or Syshardener + Panda Dome IS ( tweaks by @ForgottenSeer 58943 )
thx for all advices and sharing your experience (y):emoji_beer:
Just as a point of clarification, @ForgottenSeer 58943's recommended tweaks are for Panda Dome Advanced.

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
On weekend I have spent a bit time and tested some av's :D
- McAfee Antivirus plus 2019 -> light, but 10 processes and ugly GUI
- Win Defender with Configuration Tool + Syshardener + OSArmor -> hard FPS drops in games

Now i'm trying the lightest combo i've found:
removed: AVG free ( and the nasty hidden Overseer programm)
added: Webroot Antivirus + Voodooshield free (Autopilot Mode) + Syshardener (default)

is it ok for you or concerns?

Last edited:

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
On weekend I have spent a bit time and tested some av's :D
- McAfee Antivirus plus 2019 -> light, but 10 processes and ugly GUI
- Win Defender with Configuration Tool + Syshardener + OSArmor -> hard FPS drops in games

Now i'm trying new the lightest combo i've found:
removed: AVG free ( and the nasty hidden Overseer programm)
added: Webroot Antivirus + Voodooshield free (Autopilot Mode) + Syshardener (default)

is it ok for you or concerns?
I tried it recently this combo. Is perfect. After 2 days you will see how light is this combo. (y)(y)

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
20190506_015418.jpg
removed: Webroot AV
added: Immunet (tweaked)
Updated: Voodooshield from 4.65 to 5.0
CHANGED: CPU and GPU and CPU COOLER -> i7 9700k, KFA RTX 2080, Enermax LIQ 240 RGB

Last edited:

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
in the last 3 days I was bored and tested some av's..

1. Immunet....terrible new version. No chance for a scan without clam av engine....lost connection to the cloud.
Deinstallation was a horror trip...uninstaller can't stop the processes and no chance to stop it manually
I must use a backup to restore my system. Never again i will use this unstable product :mad:

2. Webroot AV....whats going on? I cant believe it....the new version 9.0.26.61 brakes my system..programs are delayed on first run :eek:o_O

3. Avast free....more and more complex with the old and new interface. and i found a bug. if i turn on "hardened mode agressive" in the old menu,
it's unchecked in the new menu :unsure: but i like the lightness...maybe i'll come backe later

4.Zone Alarm free AV....It was not heavy on my system and seems to be strong with their learning firewall. I'm impressed (y)
But no tweaks for more lightness in the free version...cant find a cheap offer, so i kicked it
Deinstallation was easy if you read in their forum. you should uncheck "start with windows", then reboot und the rest is fine.

5. my surprise...the windows defender is light now after a full system scan. I don't know if the exclusions for game folders
are just exclusions for scans or for realtime protection too??? But actually i like the WD :X3:

So, my new combo: NVT Syshardener + Voodooshield free + WD (tweaked with ConfigureDefender by @Andy Ful)

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
in the last 3 days I was bored and tested some av's..

1. Immunet....terrible new version. No chance for a scan without clam av engine....lost connection to the cloud.
Deinstallation was a horror trip...uninstaller can't stop the processes and no chance to stop it manually
I must use a backup to restore my system. Never again i will use this unstable product :mad:

2. Webroot AV....whats going on? I cant believe it....the new version 9.0.26.61 brakes my system..programs are delayed on first run :eek:o_O

3. Avast free....more and more complex with the old and new interface. and i found a bug. if i turn on "hardened mode agressive" in the old menu,
it's unchecked in the new menu :unsure: but i like the lightness...maybe i'll come backe later

4.Zone Alarm free AV....It was not heavy on my system and seems to be strong with their learning firewall. I'm impressed (y)
But no tweaks for more lightness in the free version...cant find a cheap offer, so i kicked it
Deinstallation was easy if you read in their forum. you should uncheck "start with windows", then reboot und the rest is fine.

5. my surprise...the windows defender is light now after a full system scan. I don't know if the exclusions for game folders
are just exclusions for scans or for realtime protection too??? But actually i like the WD :X3:

So, my new combo: NVT Syshardener + Voodooshield free + WD (tweaked with ConfigureDefender by @Andy Ful)
That’s a very solid combo! And very affordable.

amico81

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Update 13.11.2019

Removed: TSE 360 ( amazing light, but i dont wanna share my data with china)
Removed: NVT Syshardener ( I wanna avoid some issues after windows upgrade)
- Upgraded to windows 1909 build
- ADDED: ESET Nod32 (tweaked for maximum protection)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.