• Poll closed .

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Was introduced already back in 2014 with Android 5 ( lollipop ), and something I personal not used. Most people have their own phones anyway so I would guess it's not a very common used feature. Available in Settings/User and Accounts. Tested and it was super easy to setup and enable, but it's obvious it still have a few parts that one should know about. One example reported is that full access to SD cards is still possible. Was though not possible to change the settings for installing apps from external sources, as that was locked by the admin account. No share of Google accounts and if wanted, it's possible to disallow phone calls and sms. But I have no idea if emergency calls still works.
My own phone also has something called Maintenance mode that is advised to enable before handing over the phone for support. I would guess guest mode is pretty similar.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.