Troubleshoot Android infected with FBI Lockscreen Scam

FrustratedInTheCountry

Thread author
Nov 3, 2017
CAN ANYONE PLEASE ASSIST ME IN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT TO MANUALLY HARD RESET MY PHONE BEFORE THE FBI VIRUS SCREEN SHOWS UP AGAIN? AND HOW WOULD I DO THAT? I have attempted to push the power on button and the volume down button to try but all it does is take a screen shot. I legit do not want to have to go buy another phone or pay
Code:
www.yoocare.com
to fix it. I really would appreciate any help on this!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Takemaster

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2017
Use a real time protection on your computer and reset your phone with Stock ROM. Or when your phone is closed, before opening you can reset it.

D

Deleted member 65228

CAN ANYONE PLEASE ASSIST ME IN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT TO MANUALLY HARD RESET MY PHONE BEFORE THE FBI VIRUS SCREEN SHOWS UP AGAIN? AND HOW WOULD I DO THAT?
If a screenshot is being made whilst you're attempting to do the Power and Volume Down button trick (as you said is happening), this means your device isn't properly switched off (which is required to boot into recovery). According to online sources, you can attempt the following to boot into the recovery area.

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Press and hold “Power and Volume Down” button for a couple of seconds until LG logo appear on the screen
  3. Release both buttons for 1 seconds only, and then press them back until the phone reboot to “Recovery Mode” and only then release the buttons
  4. Use “Volume button” to move up and down on Recovery Mode menu and highlighted the “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” option
  5. Press “Power button” to make the selection
  6. You need to confirm the action as much as it needed and wait until the process is complete
After that, find “Reboot System Now” option, highlighted it and press “Power button” to select it so it will reboot back to normal mode. Now you are done and see for yourself that the phone has no more issue that plague it before.

Discussed device: LG Rebel LTE L44V
Source: How to Perform Hard Reset Tracfone LG Rebel LTE L44VL

It is important to remember that by performing a hard reset, you'll lose all your data.

I hope that this will work for you, please keep us updated with what happens!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.