• Poll closed .

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Plain and simple question. In 2023 what phone do you have, a Android or an iPhone?

Use the poll to cast your vote. (y):coffee:

fail dan james GIF by Much

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
I always go for the money wise choice, plus privacy. I could have an "indestructible" android phone and a brand new gaming PC for the price of a weakly single iphone. :D

Interesting... If Telco's still supported 3g GSM, I'd still be using my, spotless, iPhone 3GS. Let's see... I paid $US240 in 2008, that's $US17.40/yr over 14 years. The phone still works fine, not its fault the industry is driven by winging millennials demanding to play COD or shoot a 4K movie.

Android! Privacy? Don't make me laugh...

And don't worry, Samsung is making more money from users per unit than Apple. Do you think they GIVE the 60Gb of bloatware on the new Android phone's away?

Last edited:

upnorth

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
I have to stop watching this thread, my neck hair's are bristling already... not funny upnorth...
Pros and cons wasn't really the question, but obvious that gets posted. :p😅

Personal I'm a Android user, but before that a hardcore Windows phone user and even back in the old days Symbian on Nokia. I can still admit I see many pros with iPhones and is actually consider one when it's time to switch. But it leans towards another Android. Just haven't fully decided yet on the brand/version.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Android, free with T-Mobile plan for us old folks. And, only because my wife insisted that we were closer to 80 now than 70, it was time to get one "just in case." In the several years we've had them, I've actually called and talked to someone twice. Mostly, it sits on a table and I don't even carry it, unless I need the GPS feature.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I went from motorola(s), to noika to blackberry & then to iphone 4 circa 2010, & stayed with Apple now using iphone 11 (3 models behind the current 14). I once considered an android, but was advised there was a learning curve and my life was hectic enough at the time. I have several Apple products and they just work, and work seamlessly with each other. I eventually bought in a mac_mini for work, which easily links with iphone, although typing this on primary win10_win10vm.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Oneplus user here. Fast and smooth experience. For me 1+ and google pixels phones are my choice.

Reactions: roger_m

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
Pigeon 🐦. Good user interface. Cheap to run. No tracking or adds. GPS/Maps feature that doesn't track you or drain your battery.

Thought about trading it in for a duck 🦆or penguin 🐧 but I don't need the new features or battery performance.

*On topic* I don't think you can go wrong with either Apple, Samsung or Google phones. All are mature hardware stacks with good software and monthly security updates. There is a place for cheap Chinese Android phones but the tracking and adds and censorship is something you have to consider before buying one.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.