• Poll closed .

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I had LG K61 before, I was very happy with it, it was reliable
I currently have a Samsung A52 5G which is very good and so far it works very well, I can't complain about it as it is enough for my needs.
I might buy an iPhone soon.

Reactions: Jack

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Android for me as Apple''s ridiculously short planned obsolescence of it's iPhones & other devices gets on my #%$£&@£ nerves :)

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Android for me as Apple''s ridiculously short planned obsolescence of it's iPhones & other devices gets on my #%$£&@£ nerves :)
Short ? Wake up and smell the coffee.... iOS updates at least for 6+ years.... Android 3 years

I went from motorola(s), to noika to blackberry & then to iphone 4 circa 2010, & stayed with Apple now using iphone 11 (3 models behind the current 14). I once considered an android, but was advised there was a learning curve and my life was hectic enough at the time. I have several Apple products and they just work, and work seamlessly with each other. I eventually bought in a mac_mini for work, which easily links with iphone, although typing this on primary win10_win10vm.
Same here, still iPhone 11, it keeps working, fast and new updates / OS so why change. Support until 2027 :)

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022

I could really 'go to town' on this statement, but I'll simply state a couple of facts,

My iPhone XR is 4 years old and just yesterday received its fourth security update, this year. Fully installed by the phone's manufacturer and, as Jengo said, this will continue until at least 2027. Hardware is fine, so no need for replacement there. Also, if needs be, I could speak to an Apple employee 24/7 within minutes and, by simply giving them my phone's serial number, they could tell me what the person who delivered the CPU in my exact phone to Foxconn, had for lunch.

Then there's my 2011 MacBook Pro... but that's off-topic...

Really..."short planned obsolescence"?

Reactions: Jack and goodjohnjr

JasonUK

Level 5
Apr 14, 2020
Short ? Wake up and smell the coffee.... iOS updates at least for 6+ years.... Android 3 years
Really?... I stand corrected then. Perhaps I've noticed it more because i've not replaced Apple's products as frequently because of their price but certainly I have had a couple of iPads and an iPhone which I couldn't update IOS on which meant apps rapidly couldn't be updated. Not experienced that with Android products but then they're (generally but not always) cheaper to buy/upgrade. I'll still stick with my Android vote though as more choice.

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Really?... I stand corrected then. Perhaps I've noticed it more because i've not replaced Apple's products as frequently because of their price but certainly I have had a couple of iPads and an iPhone which I couldn't update IOS on which meant apps rapidly couldn't be updated. Not experienced that with Android products but then they're (generally but not always) cheaper to buy/upgrade. I'll still stick with my Android vote though as more choice.
Always been like this..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Current Android phone owner, and undecided on my next phone.

iPhones are considerably cheaper than some manufacturer Android phones.

Reactions: Moonhorse and Jack

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
As an AI language model, I do not have a physical phone to use, but I can provide an unbiased opinion based on the features and specifications of both Android and iPhone.

Android phones offer a wide range of options from different manufacturers, allowing users to choose a phone that fits their budget and preferences. They also offer more customization options and are generally more affordable than iPhones.

On the other hand, iPhones are known for their sleek design, user-friendly interface, and seamless integration with other Apple products. They also have a reputation for better security and privacy features.

Ultimately, the choice between Android and iPhone depends on personal preferences and needs. Both have their pros and cons, and it's up to the individual to decide which one suits them best.

• Wow
  • HaHa
Reactions: Jack and Trident

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I’m Apple all the way. I’ve got iPhone 14 Pro Max (soon to be upgraded to 15), iPad, MacBook Pro, Apple Watch and waiting to receive my HomePod 2.

From the Androids only Samsung suits my taste but Apple is better in terms of ecosystem/integrations.

Reactions: Moonhorse and Jack

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Android for me...a lot more customization and apps like ReVanced, AdGuard, and many more which aren't available on iOS or don't work as efficiently. Also, Google's Play Store has a lot more free apps than Apple's. Never owned an iPhone... maybe I'm missing out on something good but for me, it's too late to switch. :p

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
I was Android for a very long time, I switched to iPhone and I largely prefer iPhone.

Very few bugs, more professional and much faster in my opinion.

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Android for me...a lot more customization and apps like ReVanced, AdGuard, and many more which aren't available on iOS or don't work as efficiently. Also, Google's Play Store has a lot more free apps than Apple's. Never owned an iPhone... maybe I'm missing out on something good but for me, it's too late to switch. :p
In terms of apps as I age (I am 28 now) the scope of apps I use keeps narrowing so can’t really comment.😀

This AppGuard on Android was always very bad experience for me (used to make everything on my Samsung sluggish).
On my devices I use NextDNS adblocking (offloads the heavy lifting to their servers and it works OK).

Reactions: Morro and Jack

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Im running android 9 still as my oneplus broke like year ago...No reason to buy new phone currently..

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you don't wish to commit 100% to an iPhone, an iPad is a decent option to test the waters. The experience between the iOS and iPadOS are closely similar.
+ can shared between family members
+ Screen Time to prevent accidental apps being installed or deleted
+ vibrant larger display
+ lower price for non-Pro models
+ FaceTime video calling - invite Android users via web link
+ no bloatware other than default Apple apps, most can be removed
+ many years of iPadOS feature and security updates
+ plenty of accessories and cases

iPad 10th (2022)iPad Air 4th gen (2020)iPad Air 5th gen (2022)iPad mini 6th gen (2021)
SoCA14A14M1A15
BiometricTouchIDTouchIDTouchIDTouchID
Display size and panel10.9" sRGB, True Tone10.9" P3, True Tone, Coating10.9" P3, True Tone, Coating8.3" P3, True Tone, Coating
Camera (front)12MP ultra wide7MP HD12MP ultra wide12MP ultra wide
ConnectorUSB CUSB CUSB CUSB C
Storage (base)64GB64GB64GB64GB
WiFi6666
Price (base / sale)$450$600 / $450$600$500

Comparison against the Best Android tablet: Apple iPad (2022) vs Apple iPad Air (2020) vs Apple iPad Air (2022) vs Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 | Tablet comparison

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Granted, this AV-Comparatives poll only had 2,668 respondents, but I thought it was interesting the gap between Android @ 74.8% and Apple/iOS at 24.1% users.
From this link: IT Security Survey 2023

android.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.