• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Another benefit of Apple devices (including iPad and iPhone) is all purchases (albeit more expensive) can be used by you or “the purchaser”and 5 people more. Same can be done with Apple One which for a little bit than $30/£30 provides 6 services for 6 people. There are nice series on Apple TV+, nice workouts on Apple Fitness +, Apple Music (high-resolution audio if it matters and recently added karaoke mode), 2 TB of storage, Apple News + and Apple Arcade (there are some nice games there). All 6 people can use all these services across various devices.

As mentioned by @Ink, there is much less bloatware and no duplicate apps from Google and the phone manufacturer.

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
Android for me...a lot more customization and apps like ReVanced, AdGuard, and many more which aren't available on iOS or don't work as efficiently. Also, Google's Play Store has a lot more free apps than Apple's. Never owned an iPhone... maybe I'm missing out on something good but for me, it's too late to switch. :p
AdGuard is available for iOS from the Apple Store for free or paid, on Android only the Samsung / Yandex supported version of AdGuard is available from the Google Play Store & you have to sideload the app on Android for the normal version which is paid, my coworker was able to install it for free from the Apple Store, while I had to pay & sideload it for Android. ;)

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
AdGuard is available for iOS from the Apple Store for free or paid, on Android only the Samsung / Yandex supported version of AdGuard is available from the Google Play Store & you have to sideload the app on Android for the normal version which is paid, my coworker was able to install it for free from the Apple Store, while I had to pay & sideload it for Android. ;)
Not really surprising, we all know where majority of Google revenue comes from. 😀

F

ForgottenSeer 98186

I have owned Android, Windows Phone, and iPhone.
  • Android was problematic.
  • Windows Phone was problematic (very annoying).
  • iPhone has been problem-free.
I use my phone as a phone. I use apps and the browser in a pinch - such as getting a taxi at 4 pm on any Saturday in Istanbul. I do not live my life through my phone as far too many people do.
  • I keep each iPhone for about 7 to 10 years. I have owned 2. The iPhone 6 still rocks.
  • The top-of-the-line Windows Phone only lasted about 2 years.
  • The Android phones only lasted about 3 or 4 years.
My expectations:
  • Games - could care less
  • Productivity apps - could care less
  • Social apps - could care less excep
  • Sports apps - could care less
  • Streaming apps - could care less
  • Basic apps - Weather, SMS, email, calendar, cloud backup, encrypted communication apps
  • Long battery life - important and iPhones deliver on this
  • Very few bugs - important and iPhones deliver on this
  • Long-term OS update support - important and Apple delivers on this
  • Long-term OS security support - Apple is still pushing security updates to iPhone 6

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Android was problematic.
My experience with the S21 Ultra. I had purchased the device when it was new (on pre-order in January if I remember right).
From the start it was nothing but issues.
First, the software was buggy, there was battery drain issue. This was fixed after few updates but on the 4th month, the rear camera developed an auto-focus issue and pictures were blurry. Samsung then came with a van close to my home place and repaired the phone in less than 2 hours.

Few months went by and the OneUI 4 was released - again full of issues, lags, battery drain (battery life was always bad anyway). I have now switched back to iPhone that has always been problem-free for me.

Jonny Quest

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
So far, only about a year, my Samsung S22e has been wonderful. No real issues that I can think of. Glad I bought it; nice size, not too big and not too small.
At one point, I had gone through the flip phone phase. But it sure is nice to be able text and take real photos with this phone. Besides, some of the Play Store games I do enjoy playing.

Reactions: Trident

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
I have owned Android, Windows Phone, and iPhone.
  • Android was problematic.
  • Windows Phone was problematic (very annoying).
  • iPhone has been problem-free.
I use my phone as a phone. I use apps and the browser in a pinch - such as getting a taxi at 4 pm on any Saturday in Istanbul. I do not live my life through my phone as far too many people do.
  • I keep each iPhone for about 7 to 10 years. I have owned 2. The iPhone 6 still rocks.
  • The top-of-the-line Windows Phone only lasted about 2 years.
  • The Android phones only lasted about 3 or 4 years.
My expectations:
  • Games - could care less
  • Productivity apps - could care less
  • Social apps - could care less excep
  • Sports apps - could care less
  • Streaming apps - could care less
  • Basic apps - Weather, SMS, email, calendar, cloud backup, encrypted communication apps
  • Long battery life - important and iPhones deliver on this
  • Very few bugs - important and iPhones deliver on this
  • Long-term OS update support - important and Apple delivers on this
  • Long-term OS security support - Apple is still pushing security updates to iPhone 6
Thank you for sharing that Oerlink, we seem to care about the same things pretty much when it comes to phones, out of those three, my family & I have had all except an iPhone.

I will probably get my family & I iPhones once our unlocked OnePlus Nord N200 5G Android phones no longer get security updates (which will likely be the end of this year).

Windows Phone

Our first smartphone was the unlocked Nokia Lumia 635 (512 MB RAM edition) with Windows Phone 8.1, it was supposed to get the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade, but Microsoft decided against their own update policy at the last minute because of the low RAM of that version; and they decided to not provide an operating system update for our phones.

Other than that, we liked that phone, they are still working until this day, we do not use them much, but we do turn them on sometimes when someone we know needs a spare phone temporarily.

Our problem with that phone was the lack of apps & the quality of apps, and Microsoft changing their plans on updating the operating system & then abandoning their phones.

A feature that we still miss until this day was: the ability to have Microsoft Cortana automatically announce who is calling or texting & ask you if you want the message read out loud & if you want to respond with Cortana responding with your message hands-free.

Android

Our second smartphone was the unlocked Motorola Moto G7 Play and our third & current smartphone is the OnePlus Nord N200 5G.

We liked the Motorola Moto G7 Play better overall, the OnePlus Nord N200 5G is better in some ways like reception, but it is buggier & missing some features & maybe a little too big.

I hate the scattered approach of the Android ecosystem where all the phones that we have had only got 1 operating system update compared to iPhones 5 or more years, and different brands change their settings & defaults & add bloatware & spyware to their phones.

There are some things that we like about Android compared to Windows Phone, like the amount of apps et cetera, other than a few more things, we liked Windows Phone / Windows Mobile better.

So we will likely be moving to iPhone to see how it goes next year or when our security updates stop, I will probably get the cheapest new iPhone, when the time comes.

Reactions: Jonny Quest
F

ForgottenSeer 98186

So we will likely be moving to iPhone to see how it goes next year or when our security updates stop, I will probably get the cheapest new iPhone, when the time comes.
The iPhone SE and iPhone 13 mini get good user marks. I had the SE and it worked great. Then I upgraded to the 12 mini which works great too.

Reactions: goodjohnjr

goodjohnjr

Level 5
Verified
Jul 11, 2018
The iPhone SE and iPhone 13 mini get good user marks. I had the SE and it worked great. Then I upgraded to the 12 mini which works great too.
Thanks, those are the two models that I am keeping an eye on, hopefully the USB-C versions will be available in the future when it is time for my family & I to upgrade. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.